Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A look from some sad eyes in Dallas
Sean Lee, Jaylon Smith and Vander Esch are arguably  the best trio of linebackers in the NFL , All 3 can play IMO.

They couldn't stop Cook and Mattison last night.

The Dallas Oline  is also among the best in the NFL IMO, and even with Joseph out they couldn't run against the Vikings.

Felt like a playoff game to me. Both teams needed a win and things were settled on the field. 

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
Sean Lee, Jaylon Smith and Vander Esch are arguably  the best trio of linebackers in the NFL , All 3 can play IMO.

The Dallas Oline  is also among the best in the NFL IMO, and even with Joseph out they couldn't run against the Vikings.

Felt like a playoff game to me. Both teams needed a win and things were settled on the field. 
Sometimes it just doesn't make sense. That offensive line goes Tyron Smith, Connor Williams, Travis Frederick, Zack Martin and Lael Collins...Best in the NFL. 15 Pro Bowls between them. And they couldn't move Jaleel Johnson and Shamar Stephen? I mean couldn't move them AT ALL in the run game. 

Have to give Zim credit for the game plan in this one. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Mattyman" said:

Sometimes it just doesn't make sense. That offensive line goes Tyron Smith, Connor Williams, Travis Frederick, Zack Martin and Lael Collins...Best in the NFL. 15 Pro Bowls between them. And they couldn't move Jaleel Johnson and Shamar Stephen? I mean couldn't move them AT ALL in the run game. 

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Zeke was highly frustrated about it, too. 

@"Mattyman" said:

seemed to me we were always bringing one of the safeties/& or lbs on every play to stop the run and if it was play-action get after Dak.  problem with that is, you're vulnerable in medium/long range pass plays. and boy were we.  

worked out, tho.  

@"Mattyman" said:

I'm not sure Mike Hughes was all to over-joyed about it :p

Zimm sold his soul to stop Elliott. It worked too. 

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:

Good insightful post.  I agree that definitely had a playoff feel.  I am not draft guru but Mattison came out nowhere but I guess I was thinking RB during the draft.  What a find!  We had our first 3 picks - Bradbury, Smith and Mattison starting or with significant playing time and then you add in our 7th rounder Bisi.  Looks to be another very good draft for Spelly.  Oh, and to me at least, that was Zimmers signature win as our coach.  I had said weeks ago that if we can come out of the next 3 games (KC, Dallas, Denver) with 2 wins that would be big for Zimmer.  

We have the bye after playing Denver at home next week.  That gives us/Zimmer and extra week to prepare for one of our 3 remaining primetime games vs Seattle in Seattle.  Our 2 remaining primetime games are then the Chargers (away) and finally the Packers at home.  We play our 3 remaining division foe's all at home in the remaining schedule.  

I'll repeat what I said before this stretch - if we/Zimmer can win 2 of those 3 primetime games we are a strong playoff contender/legit.  

(guess I am looking past the Broncos...yikes) 

Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Mattyman" said:

seemed to me we were always bringing one of the safeties/& or lbs on every play to stop the run and if it was play-action get after Dak.  problem with that is, you're vulnerable in medium/long range pass plays. and boy were we.  

worked out, tho.  
Yes, it exposed that middle of the field and Dak had a big day.  But as much flak as Zim gets for wanting a team that can run the ball, this win showed why.  When it counted at the end, their D was giving up and our D was ready to rally.  Great game plan for a game without some crucial components.