Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A look from some sad eyes in Dallas
https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboy...rro-world/

Lotta respect in that article and quotes from Dallas.  Was blown away by this stat.

Quote:In the second half, Minnesota had 24 rushes for 110 yards and a
touchdown. Dallas gained 6 yards on nine carries. For the game, Dallas
totaled 22 carries for 50 yards compared to Minnesota’s 36 for 153.

the Vikings went into Dallas without three of our best players and won on the road.  This was a huge and impressive win!

If Zimmer can play looser and more aggressive from this point on, I think that brings the team closest to its potential. Get Thielen back. Waynes returns. Put a bye week in there for healing and lets light this candle. Not sure how good the team is but if they can run, they'll be right there in the 4th quarter to pull out a win. 

I do disagree with this quote: “We knew what it was going to be,” linebacker Joe Thomas said. “We knew what type of team they are. That’s the way they’re built. They’re big up front. … We knew they were going to come out and try to run the ball, do what we do on offense. They accomplished that.”

I would guess the Vikes Oline is in the bottom half in terms of overall weight.

Quote: @"PSBLAKE" said:
the Vikings went into Dallas without three of our best players and won on the road.  This was a huge and impressive win!

True.  I felt ok with Hughes/Hill for Waynes and Stephen/Johnson for Joseph. But we have no depth behind Thielen and Diggs. Bisi is ok. Treadwell is ok. That's it.  The reality is that without AT, we are looking at Smith and Rudy. Rudy was great and Smith was good. But we need AT back at least for Seattle.

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
I do disagree with this quote: “We knew what it was going to be,” linebacker Joe Thomas said. “We knew what type of team they are. That’s the way they’re built. They’re big up front. … We knew they were going to come out and try to run the ball, do what we do on offense. They accomplished that.”

Yeah, I thought that was a bit odd as well.  But guess it just means our line plays big?

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:

Even the commentators stated Mn is built with lighter more mobile oline to move in space.

Quote: @"Akvike" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:

Even the commentators stated Mn is built with lighter more mobile oline to move in space.
I wonder if thats what makes us have issues with big strong bull rushers getting push up the middle and creating havoc for Cousins. -  our guys are too light to dominate big strong dudes in the pass rush. I guess there has to be some sort of trade off.

Another great stat...

The Cowboys entered Sunday having allowed a third-down conversion on 27.1% of attempts, second-best in the NFL. The Vikings were 8-for-14.
On Monday, Dallas had only two missed tackles on defense against the Saquon Barkley-led New York Giants. Cook forced more than two missed tackles on his first two receptions in the first quarter.

"-- It’s hard to believe Prescott had nine completions of 20 yards or more and two 100-yard receivers and it still wasn’t good enough to win. That’s because Dallas did not record a rushing first down for only the third time in franchise history. That’s an indictment on the Cowboys’ offensive line."

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboy...-the-gate/