Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Teddy
The narrative on KC is probably already cemented in stone. But I'm looking forward to what he (and the team) will do vs a dangerous Eagle team at home this week. 

Quote: @HappyViking said:
It's only a one year deal he signed with the Saints.  I wonder if they intend on locking him up longer term, or does TB come back home to Minny. B)
Nice dream, but the likelihood of him coming back to Minny is minuscule. If he stays healthy and finishes the year healthy, he's going to get major paid. And the Vikings can't afford both him and Cousins, whom we're tied to through '21.

I think the bigger question is can the Saints afford him? Is this one of those things where the Saints "encourage" their HOF QB to retire after the season? Brees' cap number if he plays in '20 is $41M. If he retires or if the contract is voided, it's $21M. A huge hit, but something they might be able to absorb with a Teddy extension. 

So the Saints will have to decide if they're better off drafting a QB and giving Brees another year, or committing to Teddy long term. Payton has already said he already has his long-term QB (referring to Teddy), but coaches don't always know what they're talking about. That will be an interesting situation to watch. 

It's only a one year deal he signed with the Saints.  I wonder if they intend on locking him up longer term, or does TB come back home to Minny. B)
yes, I keep dreaming.

I hope he will finally get that big pay day he has worked so hard for. And I wish him good health.

Dreams are free. It's a nice thought. It's tough because I wish him well but I hate the Saints.