Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Paton For GM And Kellen Moore For HC
Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
I am never a fan of in house promotions for the top job when it is clear that what we have isn’t working.
I think it depends on the individual.  I mean everybody out there likely worked for some shit head at some point,  doesnt mean they would be a shit head as well.... but yeah, unless Paton wowed with a fresh concept in an interview IMO he wouldnt be a candidate for long.

Crazy but potentially dangerous:

GM: Paton
HC: Harbaugh
QB: Kaep / Cousins battle

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
I am never a fan of in house promotions for the top job when it is clear that what we have isn’t working.
How about when other teams for the last several years have been interested in the in house candidate? It's become an annual event that Paton gets mentioned, turns down, or is blocked in the case of green bay from nearly every GM opening.

Maybe it's just me, but I can understand, at least at first blush, that this would seem like a more of the same move. But when other teams line up annually vying for Paton...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
How about when other teams for the last several years have been interested in the in house candidate? It's become an annual event that Paton gets mentioned, turns down, or is blocked in the case of green bay from nearly every GM opening.

Maybe it's just me, but I can understand, at least at first blush, that this would seem like a more of the same move. But when other teams line up annually vying for Paton...
A lot of that has to do with Rick Spielman. 

How so?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
How so?
Spielman is recognized around the league as one of the better GM's in the NFL. Why else would Paton be at the top of everyone's list seemingly every single season. Every time Paton's name comes up its accompanied by comments in the media on how well the Vikings have done...particularly in the draft.