Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Paton For GM And Kellen Moore For HC
Might be time to start thinking of just heading in a new direction...plus, I think it would be cool to have a HC who looks like a 15 year old...

Draft a LT, trade back into the first for Fromm, and see what happens...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Might be time to start thinking of just heading in a new direction...plus, I think it would be cool to have a HC who looks like a 15 year old...

Draft a LT, trade back into the first for Fromm, and see what happens...
GM: Not sure how I feel about Paton. I know he is heavily recruited but he would be a continuation of what we have had for 10 plus years. Some names to add: Scott Fiterrer (Seattle), Josh Lucas (Chicago) and Andrew Berry (Eagles)

HC: I assume that's a joke

Moore was the first young OC I could think of...With the league wide interest in Paton, there might be a solid reason behind it...

Firing Spielman and replacing him with Paton would be like replacing Ron Gardenhire with his longtime protege Paul Molitor.

I don't really care about Spielman; he can stay, he can go, I don't care.  But Zimmer is living in the past. He would stack up well against a Woody Hayes.  He is like a Tom Landry (but without the success) and needs to be replaced by a modern day Jimmy Johnson.  He gets schooled by Nagy every time - with or without a QB.  This is not going to change.  His winning percentage against winning teams is bad; kinda like Cousins. The NFL has passed him by. And let's face it, he never was HC material; he is a DC. He was once a very good DC.  But the League caught up to him a long time ago.  It's time to call the time of his (NFL) death: Chicago; Sunday 9/29/19 around 4:30 p.m. Rest in peace in Kentucky, Zim.  It's time for this team to move on. We need to join the present.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Firing Spielman and replacing him with Paton would be like replacing Ron Gardenhire with his longtime protege Paul Molitor.
Was Molly courted pretty much for every other opening in MLB? Serious question as I hardly follow baseball.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@Jor-El said:
Was Molly courted pretty much for every other opening in MLB? Serious question as I hardly follow baseball.
I don't know about Molitor. Regardless, if we move from Spielman we should go in a completely different direction, as the Twins eventually did with Baldelli.

I think Paton deserves an interview to find out what he would do differently than his predecessor at the very least.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
It's more firing Childress to replace him with Frazier.

If your firing Spielman replace the whole front office start completely over.

I am never a fan of in house promotions for the top job when it is clear that what we have isn’t working.