Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump single handedly propels market more then 300 points.
26,078 on 10/2/19 after a 494 point drop today.

We are now 21 months past the trade war announcement and the Dow is bouncing like a pogo stick, but the longterm net gains remained flatlined after 21 months of Trump's trade war announcement. 

8000 point gain in the previous 21 months before January 2018, -400 points in the next 21 months since Trump's economic policies went into affect.

I know I know .... pure coincidence.

Oh if only there were some graphics that accurately compared Obama's stock market's performance to Trump's.

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
26,078 on 10/2/19 after a 494 point drop today.

We are now 21 months past the trade war announcement and the Dow is bouncing like a pogo stick, but the longterm net gains remained flatlined after 21 months of Trump's trade war announcement. 

8000 point gain in the previous 21 months before January 2018, -400 points in the next 21 months since Trump's economic policies went into affect.

I know I know .... pure coincidence.
Well since we're qualifying everything now days.  It took Bush's 2 terms and Obama's 1.5 terms to just get the stock market back to what it was during the dot come bubble.  Bush 2.0's stock market highs were roughly that of Clintons dotcom bubble.  Then the financial collapse happened.  It took Obama till April of 2013 to get back to the dotcom or realestate highs since they were essentially the same at around 1500. 

The gain in the S&P500 that wasn't just a return of capital for Obama was from 1500 to 2000.  Then Trump took 2000 and turned it into the 2900 that it is today. 

You can use those numbers and make an argument either way just like high school debate team as to who was better or this or that to fit your narrative.  What I can tell you is its a hell of a lot harder to add on top of the previous admins gains because just to maintain the same return you'll need have to match what they did and compound it. 

What I can tell you is statistics don't lie. Americans are richer then they've ever been.  Their debt service ratios are lower then they've been since modern (1980s) lending practices started.   The Government is taking in record tax receipts.  BUT there IS inflation to factor in.  There is a growing divide between classes and the government is in debt more then ever.  Pick your statistic and make an argument. 

Bottom line.  Do you have more $$ in your pocket??  Thats what voters are going to respond to next year.  Not some bullshit argument between Obama good Orange man bad that I could easily take either side on and make a compelling argument. 

21 months leading up to January 2018:  Dow gains 8000 points.

January 2018 Dow at 26,400:  Trump announces tariffs and trade wars

October 2019:  26,500

You can post paragraphs of excuses all you want, but you fail to use Occam's Razor.

The answer is staring you in the face, you just don't like it.