Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Viking Predictions!
The responses started out like "Fuck, yeah... We're going to whoop some a$$"...  and ended with "Please kick me in the nuts, it's OK...  Really...  Just one more time"...

Impatience may not bode well for an offense that has yet to really find an identity.

Last season, our offense started off red hot. Cousins and the offense looked like they found an identity early last season but the wheels fell off by the time we switched coordinators. What is our offensive identity? We all can speculate but it won't be defined on paper - will our offense resemble the one that stormed into the season or does Stefanski have tricks up his sleeve? How will having a 2nd TE, who can run routes and catch, change what we try to do offensively? A healthy Dalvin Cook and the addition of Mattison?

The season is a grind and there is no question this offense will have to respond weekly adjusting to who they are - the question is are we winning or losing through it? We can win and look like shit - we can lose in a tough, competitive fashion. Eventually over the course of the season the team will show whether they can rise above the challenges and adversity thrown at them or not.

It's hard for me to pick either way. I think either we roll teams early with a hot Kirk Cousins - and this team is forced to prove it has an identity that can handle the challenges thrown at it - or we weather through some early season struggles enroute to finding that identity through out the season becoming a contending post season team. The defense should be at least on par in my opinion; the offense has to step up consistently in today's NFL.

If this team shits the bed entirely to something ridiculous like 3-13, it'll certainly be because the offense never found one.