Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I guess Mannion has unlimited license
Mike Zimmer on Kyle Sloter: He has to get better at a lot of the other parts of being a quarterback. Want to see consistency with little things.

#Vikings backup QB, safe to say, is Sean Mannion.

Without fully saying so, #Vikings coach Mike Zimmer pretty said that Sean Mannion (barring injury) will be his backup quarterback. He's not getting caught up in Kyle Sloter preseason stats against third-teamers.

He's saying Sloter isn't aware of the clock and isn't checking into the right plays and formations. That's why.
Quote Tweet
[Image: qUD2n_y6_normal.jpg]
1-51
@ink_tx
· 5m
Replying to @ArifHasanNFLI don’t get it, the kid has talent but yet zimmer says beating 3rd string isn’t impressive well how about put him in at QB1-2 during preseason.

What about Sean Mannion should make us feel confident that he's an adequate backup? His primary qualification seems to be he was a backup for the Rams, but he barely played while he was there. I get that most teams are screwed if their starter gets hurt, but I'm curious if Mannion is a product of the Vikings having no cap space or is there any reason to think he could win a game or two if needed? I didn't like the signing at the time and he hasn't won me over yet.

Paul Allen loves Sean Mannion so he must be a stud.