Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After 2 preseason games, 1st string O-line pretty dicey...
Both lines haven't looked great so far. There hasn't been much pass rush and I worry that our options at UT/3-technique are adequate at best. Hopefully, they get on track once Joseph is back and they are playing for real. The run blocking with the 1st team OL concerns me. Backs were routinely getting hit in the backfield, which makes it hard to evaluate the running backs. It's preseason, so no reason to be too concerned yet, but I'd like to see more from both lines.

Quote: @"Tyr" said:
Both lines haven't looked great so far. There hasn't been much pass rush and I worry that our options at UT/3-technique are adequate at best. Hopefully, they get on track once Joseph is back and they are playing for real. The run blocking with the 1st team OL concerns me. Backs were routinely getting hit in the backfield, which makes it hard to evaluate the running backs. It's preseason, so no reason to be too concerned yet, but I'd like to see more from both lines.
I think the Vikings have looked really good overall and it's cool to see. But you just laid out the few concerns I do have really well. Sheldon Richardson wasn't amazing last year by any means but the guys we have at 3Tech now are extremely raw at best, plain bad at worst. Time will tell. They should improve as the season goes on. Linval will help too, like you said.
This is nitpicking though. First team offense has moved the ball well and first team defense looks like the same bend-don't-break D that we've gotten spoiled with during the Zimmer era. Trying not get my hopes up but... Smile