Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Annual Rant About The Draft
I'll give him the different cities thing, that's cool. Even though all the music tonight, which was probably fun in person, was obnoxious on tv.
But I'm with you guys, the weekend format was way better. Now it's way too dragged out. I understand it, but I don't like it.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
In six hours I will be cursing Goodell' s name
Hell I do that randomly 365 days a year 

Fucking Goodell! I'm beat!

I used to like the Saturday 1st round best. I didn't follow very close because I was busy. I hopped in to the chat right after the pick to see what you all thought. I'm happy they addressed the Oline in rd 1 for a change. Us on the east coast wished it started earlier or moved back to Saturday. Start after 8 EDT on a Thursday but then at 6 on Friday. Not a fan of this schedule.

Wife went to be early and so I decided to watch initial coverage of the Draft: wish I hadn't. I can't stomach the fluff and filler. The inane contrived chatter makes me slightly nauseous. The 'pick is in', but we will continue to talk for 3-5 more minutes because we have advertisers and need this to go as long as possible. It reminded me why I don't watch it anymore and haven't for a long time. I made it 25 minutes.

I was impressed with the turnout by Nashville: wowzers. Good stuff. Genius by the NFL to rotate this yearly to other cities.

I DVR the thing... and then fast forward through most of the picks.  If it looks like something interesting is going on (like a trade), I'll hit "play" and watch it.  But I don't think there is any way that I would sit there for 3+ hours.  Like Sticky said: it's too much fluff, filler and contrived chatter.  Blech.