Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Annual Rant About The Draft
Goodell...takes the BEST non-game sports weekend and fucks it up for prime time dollars. I've hated this format since 2010 and each year that hatred grows a little stronger, especially since I'm in the eastern time zone now. Man, I hope they boo him loud and long tonight. This guy has no consideration for the average fan.

Does this mean it's going to go past your bedtime Old-timer?  Smile

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Wink

Yeah, I'm usually sawing logs by 10pm...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Goodell...takes the BEST non-game sports weekend and fucks it up for prime time dollars. I've hated this format since 2010 and each year that hatred grows a little stronger, especially since I'm in the eastern time zone now. Man, I hope they boo him loud and long tonight. This guy has no consideration for the average fan.
Couldn't agree more. Man I loved the weekend morning format. It really WAS like Christmas morning. Now, like everything else, it caters to the casual fan, even the non fan. It's more celebrity spectacle than Xs and Os. Hell, it's even on network TV.

i agree i like the weekend format better myself but i do like  how they are moving it around to differnt cities

Why not make it semiannual or even quarterly?  Get more mileage out of your rage.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Couldn't agree more. Man I loved the weekend morning format. It really WAS like Christmas morning. Now, like everything else, it caters to the casual fan, even the non fan. It's more celebrity spectacle than Xs and Os. Hell, it's even on network TV.
Yup Saturday was a special day, tuned in in some form most of the day, checking every so often while working the yard in the spring. 

Now one pick on thursday evening, then wait till friday night, then some inconsequential picks on Saturday.  hohum.

I love the weekend format better too. Current format messes things up in the West, especially for rounds 2-3

In six hours I will be cursing Goodell' s name

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Wink

Yeah, I'm usually sawing logs by 10pm...
Well I'm a night owl (note posting at 1:45 AM...) and I still hate this crap format.  Stock up on munchies+soda, rounds 1-3 Sat, 4-7 Sunday was perfection.