Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradbury or Lindstrom?
why is there  a  shortage of  quality  off linemen in the  nfl? one pf the  biggest  reasons  is  there  are  so  few  quality  off linemen in the nfl coming outa  college . i beleive  because  of  spread offenses  and  less players playing in a  three point stance  as  much  . so  we  dam  well better pick a  olineman at 18 because they will be  gone  by  50 last year we  got dam lucky  with o neill

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
From Tommy Kramer: 'Vikings should take an offensive lineman in round 1, round 2 and round 3'. 

Amen, Tommy.
I would put substantial money on them taking one lineman in the top 3 rounds. 

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
Breer at MMQB thinks a quarter of the 1st Round picks could go O-Line because the 2020 Class currently looks pretty weak.

If that's the case everyone please let Wetlander know I'm now all about Lindstrom at #18. Simply can't let a run on that position catch you out two years in a row.
Aaaaaah, I knew you'd come around...  :-D

Quote: @"Viking1987" said:
why is there  a  shortage of  quality  off linemen in the  nfl? one pf the  biggest  reasons  is  there  are  so  few  quality  off linemen in the nfl coming outa  college . i beleive  because  of  spread offenses  and  less players playing in a  three point stance  as  much  . so  we  dam  well better pick a  olineman at 18 because they will be  gone  by  50 last year we  got dam lucky  with o neill
Deep draft with starting-caliber players like Powers & Samia out of Oklahoma as well as several others available even into the 3rd Round. I suspect they will go with Bradbury or Lindstrom at #18 if no one slides from the Dillard/Taylor/Williams group.

But if Oliver is sitting there at #18 I won't freak out with him being the pick as you can still get a guy at #50, albeit probably a bit of a reach.

Been saying all along there isn't one single can't miss dude but it's a very deep class. Demand is still greater than supply so you might have to reach just the make sure you get someone.

i am on the Bradbury bandwagon. line will make a nice jump and he just looks like a long term BTP on the front wall.

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
Breer at MMQB thinks a quarter of the 1st Round picks could go O-Line because the 2020 Class currently looks pretty weak.

If that's the case everyone please let Wetlander know I'm now all about Lindstrom at #18. Simply can't let a run on that position catch you out two years in a row.
I'm definitely afraid of a run on OL ahead of us and that could really mess up the draft for us. I hope that they don't need to trade up, but since we really need all the picks we can get this year. The cap issues and the urgency of the OL need put us in a bad spot.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
From Tommy Kramer: 'Vikings should take an offensive lineman in round 1, round 2 and round 3'. 

Amen, Tommy.
Wow, that is really going out on a limb there..

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Amen, Tommy.
Wow, that is really going out on a limb there..
Sorry, was meaning only one. Not multiple lineman.