Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradbury or Lindstrom?
I truly feel that if we take OLine at 18 it will be one of these two based on scheme fit and 
the expectation that Williams, Taylor, and Dillard will be off the board by the time we pick. 

When I watch Bradbury, he definitely is an intelligent player, but he seems to struggle against 
power rushers who push him back into the pocket and QB. With Cousin's lack of movement, 
this concerns me. He can definitely move and block in space, but he seems like a finesse player
who will be overmatched at times against some of the more powerful defensive lines we will face
like the Bears. We already have that issue with Elf. Hopefully that was due to his injuries and not
being 100% last year. 

When I watch Lindstrom, he is a disruptive force. He has great lateral movement for his size, but
he is a physical blocker who would immediately take over at Right Guard as your starter for the
foreseeable future. He has fantastic balance to his game with a great combination of Power and
Mobility. He's not Quentin Nelson, but his game reminds me of his. 

Cody Ford is an option, but despite what some scouts say that he can play Tackle or Guard, I see
a Right Tackle who benefited from a dynamic mobile playmaker at the QB position. That is not
Kirk Cousins. He gets beat frequently with smaller speed rushers and I'm tired of the musical
chair experiments with our OLineman and having them switch positions. Let O'neil stay at RT
and Reiff stay at Left Tackle until they decide to move on from him.  That is my reason from taking
a pass on Ford if he is available. 

Just my amateur opinion, but I would go with Lindstrom at 18. Feel free to disagree and who you
would rather have and why.   

Is Lindstrom projected to go lower than 18?
I like your logic as I am tired of seeing the middle of the O line pushed back and defenders in Cousins face right from the start.
I saw this article this morning.  I think of lot of people were shying away from Ford...
Even if there is an early run on big beefy blockers, chances are good that either Cody Ford or Garrett Bradbury is available for Minnesota in the first round.
Ford would be plugged in at left guard from the start and he could stay there for the next 10 years. He could also be moved to tackle when whenever the Vikings decide to say goodbye to Riley Reiff. If Minnesota opts for Bradbury, he would likely be placed at center and Pat Elflein would move to guard, improving two positions at once.
The only thing that could detract the Vikings from taking an offensive lineman with the 18th pick is if someone unexpected fell to them. Ed Oliver, Devin White, Devin Bush, and T.J. Hockenson are some of the guys who could provide value too good for the team to pass on.
If for some reason the offensive line crop is picked clean when Minnesota on the clock for their first pick, they should look to move down to the back end of round one. They could then take versatile offensive lineman Dalton Risner or a solid guard from Boston College in Chris Lindstrom.
https://thevikingage.com/2019/04/22/minn...l-draft/3/

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
Is Lindstrom projected to go lower than 18?
I like your logic as I am tired of seeing the middle of the O line pushed back and defenders in Cousins face right from the start.
I saw this article this morning.  I think of lot of people were shying away from Ford...
Even if there is an early run on big beefy blockers, chances are good that either Cody Ford or Garrett Bradbury is available for Minnesota in the first round.
Ford would be plugged in at left guard from the start and he could stay there for the next 10 years. He could also be moved to tackle when whenever the Vikings decide to say goodbye to Riley Reiff. If Minnesota opts for Bradbury, he would likely be placed at center and Pat Elflein would move to guard, improving two positions at once.
The only thing that could detract the Vikings from taking an offensive lineman with the 18th pick is if someone unexpected fell to them. Ed Oliver, Devin White, Devin Bush, and T.J. Hockenson are some of the guys who could provide value too good for the team to pass on.
If for some reason the offensive line crop is picked clean when Minnesota on the clock for their first pick, they should look to move down to the back end of round one. They could then take versatile offensive lineman Dalton Risner or a solid guard from Boston College in Chris Lindstrom.
https://thevikingage.com/2019/04/22/minn...l-draft/3/
I think his stock is rising and I saw this from another draft site about the teams he is meeting with. 

Met with Redskins (15), Broncos (10), Eagles (25) this week. Falcons (14) flying tomorrow to BC for private workout, per source.

If he does fall out of the first, and I don't think he will, we would have to move up to get him in my opinion. 

Quote: @TBro said:
I truly feel that if we take OLine at 18 it will be one of these two based on scheme fit and 
the expectation that Williams, Taylor, and Dillard will be off the board by the time we pick. 

When I watch Bradbury, he definitely is an intelligent player, but he seems to struggle against 
power rushers who push him back into the pocket and QB. With Cousin's lack of movement, 
this concerns me. He can definitely move and block in space, but he seems like a finesse player
who will be overmatched at times against some of the more powerful defensive lines we will face
like the Bears. We already have that issue with Elf. Hopefully that was due to his injuries and not
being 100% last year. 

When I watch Lindstrom, he is a disruptive force. He has great lateral movement for his size, but
he is a physical blocker who would immediately take over at Right Guard as your starter for the
foreseeable future. He has fantastic balance to his game with a great combination of Power and

Cody Ford is an option, but despite what some scouts say that he can play Tackle or Guard, I see
a Right Tackle who benefited from a dynamic mobile playmaker at the QB position. That is not
Kirk Cousins. He gets beat frequently with smaller speed rushers and I'm tired of the musical
chair experiments with our OLineman and having them switch positions. Let O'neil stay at RT
and Reiff stay at Left Tackle until they decide to move on from him.  That is my reason from taking

Just my amateur opinion, but I would go with Lindstrom at 18. Feel free to disagree and who you
You must have seen the mock draft I'm working on. Because I literally have us taking Bradbury at 18 with Lindstrom as my 2nd choice. In my humble opinion, Bradbury is an elite talent. His ability to reach block on outside zone runs is like nothing I've ever seen before. I might take other offensive linemen ahead of him (namely, Dillard, Jonah and Jawaan), but only because they play more valuable positions and wouldn't cause us to move anyone like Bradbury would. That's also why Lindstrom is a very close 2nd choice for me.

IMO, Bradbury is a perennial All Pro talent in the mold of Ryan Kalil or Jason Kelce. I don't see quite that kind of elite ability in Lindstrom. I see a player who is going to come in and start at left guard (you mean LEFT guard, right?) for us and be a very good starter for 10 years. Like Bradbury, he has a high floor. But he doesn't have quite the ceiling of a Bradbury IMO. I take Brad, but honestly, I don't think we can go wrong with either one. 

I keep hearing this "struggle against power" thing with Bradbury, but I'm not sure where it comes from. Watch his Clemson tape where he's facing 1st rounders Dexter Lawrence and Christian Wilkins and tell me if you think he struggles with power. Then watch the even smaller Ryan Kalil and Jason Kelce against similar players in the NFL. Did they occasionally struggle against power? Sure, but they went to 7 Pro Bowls because of their athleticism and their ability to neutralize the fat guys with speed and leverage. If I'm a 350 lb DT, I want to face a 320 lb power/gap center who thinks he can kick my ass. Mano a mano, let's go. The last thing I want to face is a zone where I'm always getting hit from the side and I never know who's going to hit me next. 

Breer at MMQB thinks a quarter of the 1st Round picks could go O-Line because the 2020 Class currently looks pretty weak.

If that's the case everyone please let Wetlander know I'm now all about Lindstrom at #18. Simply can't let a run on that position catch you out two years in a row.

Fully expect there to be a run on OL before the Vike's pick. If they have targeted someone, they are going to have to go after them versus sitting and waiting.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@TBro said:

being 100% last year. 

You must have seen the mock draft I'm working on. Because I literally have us taking Bradbury at 18 with Lindstrom as my 2nd choice. In my humble opinion, Bradbury is an elite talent. His ability to reach block on outside zone runs is like nothing I've ever seen before. I might take other offensive linemen ahead of him (namely, Dillard, Jonah and Jawaan), but only because they play more valuable positions and wouldn't cause us to move anyone like Bradbury would. That's also why Lindstrom is a very close 2nd choice for me.

IMO, Bradbury is a perennial All Pro talent in the mold of Ryan Kalil or Jason Kelce. I don't see quite that kind of elite ability in Lindstrom. I see a player who is going to come in and start at left guard (you mean LEFT guard, right?) for us and be a very good starter for 10 years. Like Bradbury, he has a high floor. But he doesn't have quite the ceiling of a Bradbury IMO. I take Brad, but honestly, I don't think we can go wrong with either one. 

I keep hearing this "struggle against power" thing with Bradbury, but I'm not sure where it comes from. Watch his Clemson tape where he's facing 1st rounders Dexter Lawrence and Christian Wilkins and tell me if you think he struggles with power. Then watch the even smaller Ryan Kalil and Jason Kelce against similar players in the NFL. Did they occasionally struggle against power? Sure, but they went to 7 Pro Bowls because of their athleticism and their ability to neutralize the fat guys with speed and leverage. If I'm a 350 lb DT, I want to face a 320 lb power/gap center who thinks he can kick my ass. Mano a mano, let's go. The last thing I want to face is a zone where I'm always getting hit from the side and I never know who's going to hit me next. 
You're right MB. I forgot that Klein is slated to start at RG. That is also Lindstrom's position but I would feel more comfortable moving him to the other side than I would with the other suggested moves we've been hearing along the line. I will watch the Clemson tape again and look at those matchups with Lawrence and Wilkins. 

I don't think we would be making a bad decision with either pick. My concern is that teams are deliberately keeping their interest in OLineman quiet knowing they can pick up quality players at the DLine, TE, CB, and WR positions later in the draft. This has the OLine run of 2018 written all over it and I fear once again we will be outmaneuvered. 

Quote: @TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:
@TBro said:

being 100% last year. 

You're right MB. I forgot that Klein is slated to start at RG. That is also Lindstrom's position but I would feel more comfortable moving him to the other side than I would with the other suggested moves we've been hearing along the line. I will watch the Clemson tape again and look at those matchups with Lawrence and Wilkins. 

I don't think we would be making a bad decision with either pick. My concern is that teams are deliberately keeping their interest in OLineman quiet knowing they can pick up quality players at the DLine, TE, CB, and WR positions later in the draft. This has the OLine run of 2018 written all over it and I fear once again we will be outmaneuvered. 
I don't think so. Not if we go OL. Unless Williams, Taylor, Dillard, Bradbury, Lindstrom AND Ford are gone, Vikings will end up with a damn good player. Is it possible all are gone by 18? Sure, but it's not very likely. If it happens, I think you try to trade down and look for Howard, McGary or McCoy.  All potential starters that aren't too far off the players above. 

The only way I see this ending sadly is if we go elsewhere with the 1st pick and find ourselves looking for starter help on the OL among the 10th, 11th and 12th best OL available at pick 50. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:
@TBro said:

being 100% last year. 

I don't think so. Not if we go OL. Unless Williams, Taylor, Dillard, Bradbury, Lindstrom AND Ford are gone, Vikings will end up with a damn good player. Is it possible all are gone by 18? Sure, but it's not very likely. If it happens, I think you try to trade down and look for Howard, McGary or McCoy.  All potential starters that aren't too far off the players above. 

The only way I see this ending sadly is if we go elsewhere with the 1st pick and find ourselves looking for starter help on the OL among the 10th, 11th and 12th best OL available at pick 50. 
Agreed. That is the risk you take if you pass on OLine in the first round. You will need to trade back up in the 2nd to have any shot at the second tier guys. That's why I wouldn't mind trading a player like Waynes away for at least a 2nd round pick. It would give us some draft capital to maneuver and the CB position is very deep this year to draft a replacement. Holton Hill's suspension may have mucked that plan up though. 

From Tommy Kramer: 'Vikings should take an offensive lineman in round 1, round 2 and round 3'. 

Amen, Tommy.