Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Interested In Mannion As Siemian Meets With The Jets
Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
My problem with Siemian last pre season is he didn't seem overly excited to be playing. I seen in Sloter someone who at least cared. Savage is a statue. If he couldn't play with Houston because of their Oline what happens here. What we need is a mobile guy who can buy time with his legs if we lose Kirk god forbid. Something like Case backing Sam. Someone like Case did work. If they aren't going to be accurate they need to be mobile. Plus they need to at least look like they seem to care...imo.
This is ALL about who they can afford, not who's good or helpful. Which is very disturbing if you're a Viking's fan. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
The other name to watch the Vikings have some interest in is Tom Savage. 
Now that's something I'd like to see. He's a statue, but great arm, mostly accurate, throws one of the prettiest passes you'll ever see. Liked him a lot coming out. In my mock that year I had us taking Bridgewater and then grabbing Savage in the 4th round to back him up. Never felt Savage had a chance to gain any kind of continuity anywhere. He kept getting hurt. Finally healthy, he beat out Deshaun Watson for the starting job in Houston, but his immobility combined with Houston's dreadful offensive line was a disaster. He goes to New Orleans to backup Brees, but then gets replaced by...yep, Teddy Bridgewater. Strange how things turn out. 
So are you trying to suggest Teddy will be back  Wink

I actually like the idea of Savage competing with Sloter. 
Me too. Vikings obviously want someone who will at least compete with Sloter and force him to earn the #2 spot, so the key to this whole thing is the contract we give the veteran IMO. We have to be able to get out of it cheaply if Sloter wins. At that point, it'll be much easier to find a #3 from camp cut downs. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Now that's something I'd like to see. He's a statue, but great arm, mostly accurate, throws one of the prettiest passes you'll ever see. Liked him a lot coming out. In my mock that year I had us taking Bridgewater and then grabbing Savage in the 4th round to back him up. Never felt Savage had a chance to gain any kind of continuity anywhere. He kept getting hurt. Finally healthy, he beat out Deshaun Watson for the starting job in Houston, but his immobility combined with Houston's dreadful offensive line was a disaster. He goes to New Orleans to backup Brees, but then gets replaced by...yep, Teddy Bridgewater. Strange how things turn out. 

Me too. Vikings obviously want someone who will at least compete with Sloter and force him to earn the #2 spot, so the key to this whole thing is the contract we give the veteran IMO. We have to be able to get out of it cheaply if Sloter wins. At that point, it'll be much easier to find a #3 from camp cut downs. 
Or the draft...At this point, I'd be more surprised than not if we didn't acquire a later round, developmental QB.

Especially with the questions around Sloter that seem to be surfacing. 

@"Geoff Nichols" said:
In regard to the bold italics above, Yea, that ought to turn out much better with the Viking's OL.

@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:

I'm OK with competition for Sloter, as although I think he already has a lot of fire in his belly already, competition is never a bad thing.  But I would be very disappointed if he is not able to grab and hold onto the backup spot.