Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hmmm...What if Murray were to drop near or at 18? Or 2nd day??
Quote: @StickyBun said:
I am not a draft guru at all, but from the little I've read on the guy he has very mixed reviews. And he legitimately could go to baseball. But some swear he's going to be the real deal in the NFL. No way can Minnesota take the luxury of grabbing this guy with their 1st pick.
He's a legitimate 1st round talent...who might be the smallest player to ever play QB in the NFL....and he still might play baseball. You risk your job on that? Maybe, if'n you need a QB badly enough. If you just signed one you can't protect for $84 million, have good depth behind him, and desperately need OL help, you'd probably be run out of town on a rail. 

I think he’d make a great Giant...!  Wink 

We need OL help badly so I think I'd go that direction at 18. I'm still hopeful that Kirk with a good OL can be very good.
But on Day 2 I'd absolutely consider Murray. Mahomes and Lamar Jackson both sat out for a year before becoming a starter. Rosen probably should have too. If Cousins plays amazing next year then we have a valuable trade chip, just like what the Chiefs did with Alex Smith. Or we stick with him and trade Kyler. The Pats flipped Jimmy G when the incumbent kept playing great, don't see why we couldn't do the same.
Absolute worst case he sits out 2 years. That sucks. But if he turns out to be good he could be our QB for 15 years. So a 2 year wait isn't the end of the world.

Having 2 good QBs on the roster would be a good thing, not a bad one.

Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray will forfeit the remaining $3.16 million on his Oakland A's contract and owes the team $1.29 million of the $1.5 million signing bonus he received last season.
The financials here are serious, but he will do well for himself if he's able to secure a first-round selection in the NFL Draft, and he'll do really well if he can land NFL starting QB money on a second contract. If football ultimately doesn't work out, the A's get to hold onto his MLB rights, but they don't get a draft pick back. But we are football fans here, so we aren't concerned with the Oakland Athletics.