Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks Like Plenty Of Day 3 QB Options
Wait a minute.....didn't the Viking's crackerjack front office solve the QB dilemna LAST offseason with Kirky and future Pro Bowler Sloter? 

I seem to recall ENDLESS posts on this board regaling fans on the proven virtues of Kissin' Cousins and the soon-to-be-proven talents of Sloter, the QB for whom they bought/outbid everyone else in the league, further proving their superiority in identifying NFL QB "talent". LMAO! 

Sorry, but after witnessing this "braintrust" piss away 3 1st round draft picks (and 5 draft picks total) between April 2011 and September 2016 on 3 QB's (none of whom were on the roster in 2018, btw), followed by a ridiculous $84 million contract on a QB that has major problems beating GOOD teams, as well as winning in Primetime, and who apparently gets a "mulligan" for 33% of his GUARANTEED contract, I'm afraid I can't muster any excitement for this same group of geniuses' day 3 draft selection of a QB from East Southwest Arkansas Polytechnic. 

Call me cynical or a poor fan, but I'm going to have to actually SEE results before I can give praise. Radical concept, huh? Wanting to see an organization's ACTUAL RESULTS before applauding them, instead of giving kudos for what they "try" to do, or what they "say" they will do? Not sure why that outlook is so despised by so many Vikings fans....it seems a common place approach in just about every other facet of life on planet Earth. Results DO matter more than intentions, just for clarification. Always has, always will.

I've heard the same BS from Winter Park, now Eagan, EVERY offseason. 

NEWSFLASH to Mikey and Rickey: We don't give a shit who you sign, cut, draft, resign, trade or trade for.....just WIN IN THE PLAYOFFS. Your combined 2 playoff wins (1 a miracle at home, both with mercenary QB's) sucks donkey balls. We Vikings fans will judge you in January/February 2020. Either put up, or STFU and take your act elsewhere.

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I'll take the kid from Buffalo...huge man...
Tyree Jackson could be a stud with the right coaching. He was sure fun to watch. Abilities off the charts.
MAC offensive player of the year...and we've got a guy on staff who has coaxed the best years out of less talented QBs...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I'll take the kid from Buffalo...huge man...
Tyree Jackson could be a stud with the right coaching. He was sure fun to watch. Abilities off the charts.
MAC offensive player of the year...and we've got a guy on staff who has coaxed the best years out of less talented QBs...
I'll say this: similar type QBs like this have failed miserably in the NFL. Big, strong armed dudes who get drafted for their upside. Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch, EJ Manuel, Cardale Jones, Terelle Pryor, etc. and this is just to name a few. This kid will probably be drafted before he should because of his physical attributes. Its all such a crapshoot.

If we're taking a shot on a Day 3 QB, I'd draft Will Grier.  I think he has the most talent and upside of the guys being discussed in that area of the draft.  I'm surprised he's not viewed as an earlier round prospect at the QB position. 

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
If we're taking a shot on a Day 3 QB, I'd draft Will Grier.  I think he has the most talent and upside of the guys being discussed in that area of the draft.  I'm surprised he's not viewed as an earlier round prospect at the QB position. 
I think Grier's got some IT factor that tends to be undervalued this time of year. And I'm not so sure he isn't valued as an earlier round prospect. Probably a day two guy going into the Senior Bowl, but didn't have the best week in Mobile. 

Will Grier - QB - MountaineersBenjamin Allbright reports that the Minnesota Vikings have "some interest" in West Virginia QB Will Grier.
That, of course, doesn't mean that Grier (6'2/218) will end up wearing purple in 2019, but it's a team to watch out for during the Day 2/3 turn even with Kirk Cousins large contract. Despite a very productive collegiate career, Grier leaves most scouts worried about his arm strength and, at times, his accuracy. That impression was further ingrained during Senior Bowl practices, but some teams will end up having moderate interests in his abilities as a developmental quarterback later in the 2019 NFL Draft.Source: Benjamin Allbright on Twitter

Kyler Murray - QB - SoonersRyan Wilson of CBS Sports projects the Broncos to take Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray with the 10th pick in his latest 2019 NFL Mock Draft.
In this scenario, Murray would be the third -- and last -- first-round quarterback selected; with Dwayne Haskins of Ohio State going sixth to the Giants and Drew Lock of Missouri going a pick later to the Jaguars. Case Keenum is still under contract for one more year, and that would allow Murray to (potentially) sit for a season and learn. If Lock and Haskins are off the board, we wouldn't be shocked to see the Broncos go after Murray -- assuming they prefer him to Duke's Daniel Jones.Source: CBS Sports