Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson possible candidate for Vikes OC
Jeff Fisher is out there too...  Wink

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
The way Zim goes through OCs, I doubt we get a top tier guy...
That's why it makes sense to keep Stefanski. If they want to add Jackson as a position coach, so he was someone experienced on the staff, then so be it, but Jackson should not be running the offense.

I assume we are likely stuck regarding OC until the HC hirings shake out. Not sure if Stefanski is a serious candidate for HC elsewhere but he could wait to see if some new HC wants him. Unless he is tremendously moved by Zimmer's statements about loyalty..

Why all the negativity for Zimmer?  I keep reading comments that the game has passed him by...  He goes through OCs like a man whore...  Etc...

Last I checked, he hired an experienced OC when he first became HC so he could focus on fixing the defense.  Norv was too rigid in his scheme and finally resigned after 2.5 seasons when the offense was in the bottom 3rd of the league...  It's not like he ran off a guy who was frequently fielding a top 10 offense.

Then Shurmur came in and gave us our best offense in years...  So good that a team wanted to give him another shot as a HC...  So that's Zimmer's fault one of his assistants did so well he got a HC gig?

Then he hired Flip who proved he was too pass happy and the offense struggled to score in the red zone and Zimmer fired him.  Meanwhile, look at the teams who made the playoffs...

The run-first Ravens, the balanced Chargers and Saints and Patriots, the Seahawks who led the league in rushing , and the Bears and Cowboys who won with a great rushing attack and defense. 

Maybe Zimmer isn't so out of touch with reality...  You have to be able to run the football and play good defense to win Championships.  We finally have a QB who is good enough of a passer to give us a balanced offense...  let's run the ball a little more and see what happens.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
Why all the negativity for Zimmer?  I keep reading comments that the game has passed him by...  He goes through OCs like a man whore...  Etc...

Last I checked, he hired an experienced OC when he first became HC so he could focus on fixing the defense.  Norv was too rigid in his scheme and finally resigned after 2.5 seasons when the offense was in the bottom 3rd of the league...  It's not like he ran off a guy who was frequently fielding a top 10 offense.

Then Shurmur came in and gave us our best offense in years...  So good that a team wanted to give him another shot as a HC...  So that's Zimmer's fault one of his assistants did so well he got a HC gig?

Then he hired Flip who proved he was too pass happy and the offense struggled to score in the red zone and Zimmer fired him.  Meanwhile, look at the teams who made the playoffs...

The run-first Ravens, the balanced Chargers and Saints and Patriots, the Seahawks who led the league in rushing , and the Bears and Cowboys who won with a great rushing attack and defense. 

Maybe Zimmer isn't so out of touch with reality...  You have to be able to run the football and play good defense to win Championships.  We finally have a QB who is good enough of a passer to give us a balanced offense...  let's run the ball a little more and see what happens.
I agree Wetlander, of course I’m in the winter drinking thread tonight...!  B)

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:

Thats all fine and good, but you better have the Oline to impose your will on other teams if you are going to consistently run the ball.

Quote: @"minny65" said:
Will lose all faith in Zimmer and the Vikings if they go with Hugh.  Also another thread about working to resign Pfieffer...why?

Would rather have a new coach hiring his own staff if this is the situation. 
OK, I am slowly moving back from the ledge from my post above last week.  We get Stefanski back and NOT Hugh!

Looks like we are moving on from Priefer today as well.

2 good early decisions by Zimmer IMO.  I was ready to jump off the Zimmer bandwagon but I am back on with a very critical eye.  The lack of heart/passion I saw from this Zimmer led team all last year has really burned my ass after 43+ years as a supportive ($$$ and passion) Viking fan...SKOL.

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"minny65" said:
Will lose all faith in Zimmer and the Vikings if they go with Hugh.  Also another thread about working to resign Pfieffer...why?

OK, I am slowly moving back from the ledge from my post above last week.  We get Stefanski back and NOT Hugh!

2 good early decisions by Zimmer IMO.  I was ready to jump off the Zimmer bandwagon but I am back on with a very critical eye.  The lack of heart/passion I saw from this Zimmer led team all last year has really burned my ass after 43+ years as a supportive ($$$ and passion) Viking fan...SKOL.

I am giving Zimmer a pass on this last season,  I think him and Tony were really close friends and I can speak first hand on losing a close friend unexpectedly,  it weighs on a person very heavily at first and only gets easier with time.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"minny65" said:

I am giving Zimmer a pass on this last season,  I think him and Tony were really close friends and I can speak first hand on losing a close friend unexpectedly,  it weighs on a person very heavily at first and only gets easier with time.
That really had a ripple effect on the team. Loss takes time to cope with.