Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case closed: Vikings look wise for moving on from Keenum
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
I just don't think Case is playing all that much differently than last season.  He's just on a crappier team, and they're not winning.
It's hard to say. I haven't really watched him, but his numbers aren't that bad, and Denver has huge problems elsewhere, particularly on their line and and on defense. They've now had two straight games where the opposing back has rushed for over 200 yards. 

But if you're saying that Case is a product of his supporting cast, both in Minnesota and Denver, then you're just restating the point that so many of us tried to make last year. 
He definitely misses Thielen and Diggs.  Lots of rookies on that team.  He was a lucky SOB last year until the playoffs and he had good players around him.  I think the best thing he brought to the table was his moxie, the confidence.
Yep moxie. He wasn't anything more then one of the guys. Him Adam and Diggs were all feeling it. They were buddies. Kirk is more a natural leader at least a more experienced one.  There are different ways to do things. Kirk's way is more sustainable. Case was more just in the moment because all year, at least till late in the year it was just for the moment. Teddy was a starter named a starter. Sam was several times. This was Case's one big shot at it. That's why I was cheering hardest for him this year.

Case stood toe to toe with Cousins last season:
Case: 21/29 304yds 4TDs 2Int
Cousins: 26/45 327yds 1TD 1Int

Obviously, Case was on a better team, and the Vikes won that road game 38 - 30. 

Watching those highlights, you can see both Kirk and Case made some damn nice throws.  Get a team around Case, and he can compete with any starting QB in the league.  Ask Drew Brees if he thinks Case is good enough to play.   B)

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:

Watching those highlights, you can see both Kirk and Case made some damn nice throws.  Get a team around Case, and he can compete with any starting QB in the league.  Ask Drew Brees if he thinks Case is good enough to play.   B)

IIRC, Case threw a bad INT to let the Redskins back into the game. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"HappyViking" said:

IIRC, Case threw a bad INT to let the Redskins back into the game. 
He threw two, actually.  Kirk's pick was an awful throw too, so I wouldn't say Kirk "outdueled" Case that game.