Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your bright spot vs most disappointing a quarter into it?
Not many questioning the running game.   Add that to the list of dark things that make me want to vomit. 

Cousins so far is worth every penny.

The team had another confounding no-show effort and lost a game that should have been an easy win. If we had beat Buffalo and were now 3-1-1, would anyone be pessimistic about this season? It's not just the loss on our record, it means that we can't expect a quality performance in ANY game. If Arizona comes into USB and trounces us Sunday, would it be a real surprise? Not really.
Vikings did that in 2016 and many years before, but I thought they had found consistency of effort last year.

Bright spot:  Yup...#'s 8, 14 and 19 are awesome. Honorable mention: Stephen Weatherly.
Dark spot:  The O-line is REALLY offensive! Dishonorable mention: Special teams.

Bright Spot: 2-2-1

Disappointing: 2-2-1

The way the defense had played, the Vikings could have a worse record, hence the bright spot.
However, since the D hasn’t played well, the record of 2-2-1 doesn’t do anything to inspire confidencethat they will go on a 8 or 9 game run.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
The team had another confounding no-show effort and lost a game that should have been an easy win. If we had beat Buffalo and were now 3-1-1, would anyone be pessimistic about this season? It's not just the loss on our record, it means that we can't expect a quality performance in ANY game. If Arizona comes into USB and trounces us Sunday, would it be a real surprise? Not really.
Vikings did that in 2016 and many years before, but I thought they had found consistency of effort last year.
I think thats the case any year really...As Sheldon said before the Bills game, they're an NFL team, better take em seriously.  

There are some cases where talent disparity is big in the NFL, but not most weekends.

I've also learned through painful regular and playoff games that these guys are just people. They will have their off-days and its just unexplainable. Then we as fans swirl on coaching vs players for a week or an offseason

Bright spot:  Passing game - Cousins, Thielan, Diggs
Disappointment:  Overall defense, kicking, Cook

I never thought the oline would be good so it can’t be listed as disappointing.

My brightest spots: Thielen and Diggs. Their talent is on full display with Cousins throwing to them. These 2 guys may appear to be the most unlikely superstar WRs in the NFL but they know how to put on a show. I can't  express enough how much I love these guys.
My darkest spots: Everyone starting on D except Hunter, Hughes, and Linval.

Bright lights-Captain Kirk, Diggs and Thielen. The long ball is a sight to see.

Hunter, Linval and Hughes 

The pit of darkness-OL. It's still an issue, shocking I know.

The defense. Seriously wth is up with that? There is so much talent but they are not where they should be. 

The run game needs work as well. 

The good....Totally self gratuitous going to the home opener and seeing a WIN... The bad the buffalo game implosion was bizarre!