Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observations from Week 1 San-Fran-Slaparound
Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
Good observations, but I kind of disagree here:
WR/TE- Yes, we can “Diggs it” (3 catches, 43 yards, TD) and we are “Thielen that Way” (6 grabs, 102 yards), and Rudolph created red-faced defenders (1 grab for a TD)…but Treadwell had a couple, Morgan had one, Conklin had one, and even as I complain about the stiffness of the offense, this bunch is gonna be a pain in the ass for opposing defenses.
I came out of that game with doubt that we can make much pain for opposing defenses, because if an opponent double-teams Diggs and Thielen, I don't see anyone else who can make them pay for it. A few 6-9 yard passes to Treadwell, Conklin, or Morgan? Oooh, scary. Rudolph was invisible until (and after) his TD catch. This offense needs a field-stretcher and doesn't have any. Maybe Coley has some potential there, but that's a long shot.

Quote:
I wonder how much of that had to due with the O-line, Zim's grind it out when ahead defensive mentality. 
Because i Agree- the 2nd half frustrated me, we seemed to take our foot off the throats, we won by 8... and they fumbled inside the 5 and after missing a gift TD we had a pick 6 in our favor. We got lucky, in a sense. but I agree with Z- this week 1 product will not look the same week 10.

Great read! 

I know this is blasphemy, but I still am not convinced that Zimmer is a great head coach.  I think he is a great Defensive Coordinator but for me, the jury is still out on him as a HC.  Not that he is bad. Not at all. But he seems a bit stuck in his defensive conservative ways.  That's not where the NFL is today.

Thanks  Z ~ Good write-up, as usual.

Great to see the Zanary insights back! Thank you!

I think you're right on the O not being "baked" yet. I think there'll be quite some surprises soon from that group. Even if the O line gels moderately there may be too many weapons and keep opposing team D's on their heels.