Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observations from Week 1 San-Fran-Slaparound
Hopefully, this posts better than the last one...but just in case:

http://vikefans.com/observations-from-we...laparound/

You did not comment on the Vikings mentality.

Up 24- 13 after the int. the Vikings did not even try to score on the next drive. 1st down run for -1 yard.  2nd down inc. pass. 3rd down inc. pass. 4th down punt.

The Vikings seem to lack a killer trait. They should have scored at least 2 more T.D.'S  instead of going into a conservative eat the clock mentality that will come back to haunt them later in the season. 

See what the Ravens and Jets did? The Vikings need to do the same. As a matter of fact, see the Packers also.

Quote: @vikingknights said:

Up 24- 13 after the int. the Vikings did not even try to score on the next drive. 1st down run for -1 yard.  2nd down inc. pass. 3rd down inc. pass. 4th down punt.

The Vikings seem to lack a killer trait. They should have scored at least 2 more T.D.'S  instead of going into a conservative eat the clock mentality that will come back to haunt them later in the season. 

See what the Ravens and Jets did? The Vikings need to do the same. As a matter of fact, see the Packers also.
Difference between the Vikings and the Packers is that the Packers put it all on the table in the 2nd half. There should be a lot of good tape for the Vikings to watch. Vikings may not have stepped on the 49ers neck, but they got out of week one with a win, and without showing their cards. 

Good breakdown, Z!

Thanks Z....

Dalvin had the quietest 95 yards from scrimmage I can remember. But every single one of us would have taken that before game 1 no doubt. 

The Capt'n had a couple of very pretty passes that bode well for the future. 

Team is as good as it's weakest links...In this case Compton and Gedeon. 

[Image: ZO_featured_image.jpg?fit=630%2C360]Observations from Week 1 San-Fran-Slaparound
OK, Purple People…we kicked off our new season with our new QB, our new OC, our rookie CB, and achieved a BFD by a convincing beat-down of the media darling 49ers!  Jimmy G got used for targe…

Read the full story here

Heya Z good to see your stuff again man! I missed it!

Also Zanary, to get it to post automatically in the forum after you publish it, just add a comment to it in the story on the front page and it will auto post into the forum. 

Nice job, Z.  I agree Harry is the "man" and is totally fearless.  How about that play when he blew up the O lineman playing FB and dropped the RB for a 5 yard loss?

Good first game, but the offense and Flip need to learn from this.  I like the analogy of the offense "not done" yet.  I was easy to see they aren't clicking yet.  Hopefully they get enough for Sunday.  Hard to tell how these games in Lambough will turn out.

Good observations, but I kind of disagree here:
Quote:WR/TE- Yes, we can “Diggs it” (3 catches, 43 yards, TD) and we are “Thielen that Way” (6 grabs, 102 yards), and Rudolph created red-faced defenders (1 grab for a TD)…but Treadwell had a couple, Morgan had one, Conklin had one, and even as I complain about the stiffness of the offense, this bunch is gonna be a pain in the ass for opposing defenses.
I came out of that game with doubt that we can make much pain for opposing defenses, because if an opponent double-teams Diggs and Thielen, I don't see anyone else who can make them pay for it. A few 6-9 yard passes to Treadwell, Conklin, or Morgan? Oooh, scary. Rudolph was invisible until (and after) his TD catch. This offense needs a field-stretcher and doesn't have any. Maybe Coley has some potential there, but that's a long shot.

Quote: @vikingknights said:

Amen. I kind of thought the Saints playoff game might have taught Zimmer to never let up on an opponent.