Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Scouting Other Teams For O Line Help
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Wolfson speculates that the Vikings might still be interested in Michael Schofield, whom they tried to sign after he was waived by Denver early last season. Former 3rd rounder, with San Diego now after signing two year contract last spring. Would require a trade.

Schofield is a fringe starter/backup with experience at all positions but center. Played left tackle in the Super Bowl for Denver, but sounds like his best position is right guard. Long arms, OK athleticism. Sounds like a player whose ability is similar to that of Remmers or Compton. 

Maybe. But with Easton and now Andrews gone, I think what the Vikings need more is maybe a center/guard type.
Elf is supposed to be back today so thats a plus in the interior dept,  and with Collins kicking inside perhaps they are happy there and looking to replace him on the outside?

honestly... i was watching my phone yesteday halfway expecting a call from the 651 area code.   :p
Did Collins move inside? There was a story he was moving to LG published last week, but then he was announced at the starter at RT. I haven't seen the Jax game yet, so where did he play and how did he do?

I'm not sure if I want the Vikings to trade much to get OL players who are prospects - and I doubt we can pick up definite starters. We have some promising guys like Isadora and Collins. I know they have to live up to their potential, but a lot of players we might be able to acquire are likely to also be "potential" hope. 

In Schofield's case, I would guess Clancy Barrone knows and trusts him and feels he could resolve RT or RG. But why would the Chargers trade a guy who has saved them at 2 spots in the past year and that they just gave a new contract? I think he would cost a decent player or high pick.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Wolfson speculates that the Vikings might still be interested in Michael Schofield, whom they tried to sign after he was waived by Denver early last season. Former 3rd rounder, with San Diego now after signing two year contract last spring. Would require a trade.

Schofield is a fringe starter/backup with experience at all positions but center. Played left tackle in the Super Bowl for Denver, but sounds like his best position is right guard. Long arms, OK athleticism. Sounds like a player whose ability is similar to that of Remmers or Compton. 

Maybe. But with Easton and now Andrews gone, I think what the Vikings need more is maybe a center/guard type.
Elf is supposed to be back today so thats a plus in the interior dept,  and with Collins kicking inside perhaps they are happy there and looking to replace him on the outside?

honestly... i was watching my phone yesteday halfway expecting a call from the 651 area code.   :p
Did Collins move inside? There was a story he was moving to LG published last week, but then he was announced at the starter at RT. I haven't seen the Jax game yet, so where did he play and how did he do?

I'm not sure if I want the Vikings to trade much to get OL players who are prospects - and I doubt we can pick up definite starters. We have some promising guys like Isadora and Collins. I know they have to live up to their potential, but a lot of players we might be able to acquire are likely to also be "potential" hope. 

In Schofield's case, I would guess Clancy Barrone knows and trusts him and feels he could resolve RT or RG. But why would the Chargers trade a guy who has saved them at 2 spots in the past year and that they just gave a new contract? I think he would cost a decent player or high pick.
IIRC Collins got reps at inside and outside OL spots but I would have to go back and watch again.... and I dont think I will bother.