Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings OC: Receiver Brandon Zylstra ‘continues to impress’
Quote: @"Bolstad79" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Montana Tom" said:
I hope I do not jinx him (or us), but there is something eerily similar to Thielen in these highlights.  I know lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place.  Could it be...?
it doesnt have to... AT is from DL,  Z is from Spicer,  AT went to Kato,  Z went to Morehead.., AT was discovered when the team camped in kato and played at TCF,  now they camp in Egan and play in USB... I am not seeing where you are drawing these comparisons from...  Wink
Spicer where everything's nicer is also a lake town just like Detroit Lakes. Loved going to Green Lake when I was younger.  John Randle used to have a house there.  He still might actually.
well in fairness... if thats the link that could be applied to any kid from damn near any town in minny.  :p

This is getting interesting. Kendall Wright, a former 1st round star from Baylor, has put up respectable numbers despite playing with terrible QBs. Former 1st rounder LaQuon Treadwell looking good in camp, and now this Zylstra catching everything. I won't say the name Kyries Hebert yet, but there was a time a few depth charts ago (mike wallace, bernard berian, koren robinson), when we would've been optimistic with just these three. If both Treadwell and Zylstra continue to look good, I don't see the Vikings keeping both of them. What's interesting is that they are the exact same size, same speed, same jump numbers... 

Vikings rookie WR Brandon Zylstra turning heads with acrobatic catches
Brandon Zylstra grew up idolizing Randy Moss, and he’s had some Moss-like catches early in his NFL career.
Zylstra, a Spicer, Minn., native, signed by the Vikings after two seasons in the Canadian Football League, went high in the air during the final week of organized team activities to snag a touchdown pass over Marcus Sherels in the corner of the end zone.
The rookie wide receiver might have topped that in minicamp when he grabbed a pass on the left sideline with bodies all over him, a play that earned him high praise from offensive coordinator John DeFilippo.
“That guy continues to impress,” DeFilippo said. “We’re very fortunate he’s on our football team.”
Zylstra wasn’t surprised by his strong spring showing. He caught 100 passes for a CFL-best 1,687 yards with the Edmonton Eskimos in 2017 and had plenty of confidence when he joined the Vikings, telling the Pioneer Press before spring drills he believed he could “compete for a starting spot.”
https://www.twincities.com/2018/06/15/vi...c-catches/