Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings OC: Receiver Brandon Zylstra ‘continues to impress’
Beyond stars Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs, the Minnesota Vikings’ wide receiver battle is pretty wide open as the Vikings wrap up minicamp.One of the players standing out so far is former CFL All-Star Brandon Zylstra, a 25-year-old who played college football at Concordia-Moorhead.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/0...s-impress/

Like what I see in this highlight video. Seems to track the ball really really well - as in looking over his shoulder on long bombs while sprinting down the field.

it would be fun to have another home grown kid on the team,  I didnt like quite a few of those body catches though.  that is something that I always ding a receiver on is when they let the ball get into their frame and dont cleanly catch it with their hands... especially on routes where they are facing the QB,  really no excuse then.  he does show a little slipperiness if tacklers dont come right when trying to bring him down. 

I hope I do not jinx him (or us), but there is something eerily similar to Thielen in these highlights.  I know lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place.  Could it be...?

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
I hope I do not jinx him (or us), but there is something eerily similar to Thielen in these highlights.  I know lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place.  Could it be...?
it doesnt have to... AT is from DL,  Z is from Spicer,  AT went to Kato,  Z went to Morehead.., AT was discovered when the team camped in kato and played at TCF,  now they camp in Egan and play in USB... I am not seeing where you are drawing these comparisons from...  Wink

I talked about this kid being a better move to keep than Treadwell....nothing has changed for me in that regard. If Laquon's cap number wasn't so gross to discard him with I think its possible he could go. But that's not the case so expect another year of Mr. Invisible. 

Quote: =) @JimmyinSD said:
@Montana Tom said:
it doesnt have to... AT is from DL,  Z is from Spicer,  AT went to Kato,  Z went to Morehead.., AT was discovered when the team camped in kato and played at TCF,  now they camp in Egan and play in USB... I am not seeing where you are drawing these comparisons from...  Wink

It's obvious.  They are both males.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I talked about this kid being a better move to keep than Treadwell....nothing has changed for me in that regard. If Laquon's cap number wasn't so gross to discard him with I think its possible he could go. But that's not the case so expect another year of Mr. Invisible. 
except that Quon has been getting positive reviews from all involved all spring as finally turning the corner and looking like the player that we hoped we were drafting.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Montana Tom said:
Spicer where everything's nicer is also a lake town just like Detroit Lakes. Loved going to Green Lake when I was younger.  John Randle used to have a house there.  He still might actually.