Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The intangible. MVP
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
It is odd that there are no kickers who also punt. It's also odd that there are no centers who also long snap. 
I've often wondered the same thing myself.  how hard would it be to specialize in both?  every third day work on the different type of kick... .kick off,  punt, EP/field goal,  KO, Punt, EP/FG....day off!
I know.  It isn't like the QBs do multiple things like hand off and throw passes.

Hell, Randall Cunningham did all that and punted sometimes (and damn well), so Carlson better handle a couple jobs.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
It is odd that there are no kickers who also punt. It's also odd that there are no centers who also long snap. 
I've often wondered the same thing myself.  how hard would it be to specialize in both?  every third day work on the different type of kick... .kick off,  punt, EP/field goal,  KO, Punt, EP/FG....day off!
I know.  It isn't like the QBs do multiple things like hand off and throw passes.

Hell, Randall Cunningham did all that and punted sometimes (and damn well), so Carlson better handle a couple jobs.

Cunningham was a bit when he punted wasnt it?  if they sent out the punt team they would run a play,  if they kept the defense on the field he would pooch one over top the D?

IIRC Danny White was the Cowboys regular punter when he was the starting QB in the early 80s wasnt he?