Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: The top QBs- Who would you take?
... And now the rumors are saying Mayfield at 1 maybe? Wow tonight is going to be crazy.

My post was definitely a leading one but as of now Rosen is winning our little poll. And yet no "experts" like him to the Browns and not many like him to the Jets. Clearly I'm missing something here.

Any rumors of major switches or flyers this late in the game are put there for a reason. Of course we're talking about the Browns so there's that...

When it comes to QBs, half of them bust. So my overriding thought is that if there is a bust factor, chances are they will bust. And the two with the highest bust factor are Mayfield and Allen. Leave it to the Browns to consider only those two. 

Allen has technical and accuracy flaws that are not easily corrected. And, holy crap, read his racist high school tweets. Oh he was young, he says. Bullshit. Reminds me of Mel Gibson blaming his antisemitic rants on being drunk. Anyone else turn into a Nazi after a few? 

And when was the last time you saw a handband wearing douchebag who was more concerned about his BRAND than his career make it in the NFL? 

I take Darnold #1. Yeah, he threw some picks, but so did Deshaun Watson. I like Rosen 2nd. I still think that White, Lauletta and Falk aren't huge steps down from these guys. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
When it comes to QBs, half of them bust. So my overriding thought is that if there is a bust factor, chances are they will bust. And the two with the highest bust factor are Mayfield and Allen. Leave it to the Browns to consider only those two. 

Allen has technical and accuracy flaws that are not easily corrected. And, holy crap, read his racist high school tweets. Oh he was young, he says. Bullshit. Reminds me of Mel Gibson blaming his antisemitic rants on being drunk. Anyone else turn into a Nazi after a few? 

And when was the last time you saw a handband wearing douchebag who was more concerned about his BRAND than his career make it in the NFL? 

I take Darnold #1. Yeah, he threw some picks, but so did Deshaun Watson. I like Rosen 2nd. I still think that White, Lauletta and Falk aren't huge steps down from these guys. 

^^^^ What MB said.  Mayfield is Johnny F****** Football 2.0.

Quote: @"Norseman" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Allen is an absolute nightmare...the fact that his name is being mentioned as the #1 overall is comical...his game doesn't pass minimal scrutiny...the only knock on Rosen is that he might not sleep, eat, breathe, walk, talk football 24/7...Darnold is a human turnover...some of that can be fixed...Mayfield is my personal favorite...if he was 6-4 and 240 he'd be a virtual lock for the #1... 
Have you seen the arrest video?  Have you listened to his interviews?  I think Mayfield is dropping out of the top ten, and likely being picked after Jackson.
I saw the arrest video, and all I saw was Mayfield trying to run from the cops and getting about 5 steps before getting his ass handed to him for doing so.  Is there something that I'm missing?

Not saying that I like Mayfield at all, but I'm not sure the video really shows anything different or worse than what I've read about the incident.

If the question is, who would I take high in the first round, the answer in NONE! I’d take Rudolph late 1st...

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
@"Norseman" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Allen is an absolute nightmare...the fact that his name is being mentioned as the #1 overall is comical...his game doesn't pass minimal scrutiny...the only knock on Rosen is that he might not sleep, eat, breathe, walk, talk football 24/7...Darnold is a human turnover...some of that can be fixed...Mayfield is my personal favorite...if he was 6-4 and 240 he'd be a virtual lock for the #1... 
Have you seen the arrest video?  Have you listened to his interviews?  I think Mayfield is dropping out of the top ten, and likely being picked after Jackson.
I saw the arrest video, and all I saw was Mayfield trying to run from the cops and getting about 5 steps before getting his ass handed to him for doing so.  Is there something that I'm missing?

Not saying that I like Mayfield at all, but I'm not sure the video really shows anything different or worse than what I've read about the incident.
Maybe not.  It shows me one more data point that the guy is an idiot/goofball, which can create big problems for a high pick QB.  After the whole Johnny Manziel experience, I would be totally shocked if Cleveland actually picks this guy at number one.