Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: The top QBs- Who would you take?
Question for the draftniks here. Why is Rosen not getting any love at #1? If you believe the mocks, he will likely go fourth out of the top 4 QBs. To me he looks like the best of them all, followed by Darnold. My nightmare scenario is Rosen falling to 14 somehow and GB taking him. I realize that has a 1% chance or less than happening but still, it scares me.

Allen to me is just too volatile. Might be a bigger armed Wentz, might be Josh Freeman. Mayfield is nice but he had a really great OL and a great set of weapons. So I'd slot him 3 of the 4.

I'm definitely not a draft expert though like I consider some people here to be. Who do you guys like best? Put your name on it!

Other (Jackson).  I think he will turn out to be the most productive of the bunch, probably for somebody like NE, NO, SD or Pittsburg.  Don't be surprised if the Dolphins grab him at 11.

Allen is an absolute nightmare...the fact that his name is being mentioned as the #1 overall is comical...his game doesn't pass minimal scrutiny...the only knock on Rosen is that he might not sleep, eat, breathe, walk, talk football 24/7...Darnold is a human turnover...some of that can be fixed...Mayfield is my personal favorite...if he was 6-4 and 240 he'd be a virtual lock for the #1... 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Allen is an absolute nightmare...the fact that his name is being mentioned as the #1 overall is comical...his game doesn't pass minimal scrutiny...the only knock on Rosen is that he might not sleep, eat, breathe, walk, talk football 24/7...Darnold is a human turnover...some of that can be fixed...Mayfield is my personal favorite...if he was 6-4 and 240 he'd be a virtual lock for the #1... 
Have you seen the arrest video?  Have you listened to his interviews?  I think Mayfield is dropping out of the top ten, and likely being picked after Jackson.

I'm not too concerned about that stuff...he got grilled on the off field stuff at the combine and nailed it...I don't think there's anyway he slides out of the top ten...Browns might take him at # 1...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/baker...-concerns/

I lean this way about Allen too but his arm definitely has scouts salivating. I can't decide if I feel bad for the Browns and hope they finally get a guy who doesn't stink, or if I want them to bungle their picks worse than ever. Either scenario will make me happy to some degree I think haha.

I'm not too concerned about that stuff...he got grilled on the off field stuff at the combine and nailed it...I don't think there's anyway he slides out of the top ten...Browns might take him at # 1...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/baker...-concerns/
To be accurate, teams are reporting that "he nailed it."  I don't believe any of that for a minute.  I think they all saw the same guy I've been seeing, but by reporting that he "nailed it," they're hoping at least some sucker wastes a top five pick on the clown, thus leaving another good player available.

After viewing the arrest video, there is simply nothing he could say to remove the sour taste.  Saying "well, I was much younger, much stupider and have since become a mature adult," may sound great to the bleeding hearts and optimists out there, but if I'm a GM and my butt is on the line, there is no way I'm taking the risk in the top ten.  It will be fun to be proven wrong tomorrow and then to watch the show.  If it is Cleveland, God help those poor Browns fans.  Haven't they suffered enough?

Darnold is my guy out of this draft.  I think he has the right balance of leadership, accuracy, and playmaking ability.  He can be coached to take better care of the football.  What you can't teach is his ability make big plays in clutch moments.

If I couldn't draft him, I'd take Mayfield next.  Yes, he's kind of immature, but there's no questioning his leadership on the field and the guy is a winner.  Very accurate.

Rosen can spin it, but I just get a Jay Cutler feeling about him...  and Allen looks like Jamarcus Russell 2.0, but isn't a turd of a human being.

are we talking for this Vikings team or if I was starting some hypothetical franchise?

For this team right now I'd develop Allen for a couple years and hope to transition to him with a very good team around him.  If I was staring new franchise or rebuilding like Cleveland I'd probably go Jackson and have a vet to start this year.  

They way I describe my feelings is that I don't really trust any of them, but I distrust Rosen the least. 

1. Rosen.  So he occasionally thinks about things other than pigskins.  I call that a plus.

2. Darnold.  If you don't want your QB to fumble, stop letting people hit him. (see Warren Moon and Dave Krieg) The bad-Favre INT's hopefully can be coached out of him.

3. Jackson.  Not as ready as Watson was, should sit a year.  But his ceiling is somewhere around Mars.

4. Mayfield.  OK, so I'm a prisoner of the moment, but the last time I saw him he was blowing an 18-point lead to a true freshman.  That's as unnerving to me as the off-field stuff.

5. Mike White  The only game of his I saw was the bowl game.  That was one hell of an audition.
5(00) Allen. If the Wyoming defense hadn't forced a ridiculous 37 turnovers in 13 games, the Allen storyline would have been about how badly the offense STUUUUNK.