Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the $1.1 billion Vikings stadium look like a bargain?
Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@Vanguard83 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vanguard83 said:
Great....Just what we need here in So. CA. more concrete and narcissists.

3 years 'til retirement then I'm GONE
not wanting to take this political,  how serious is that movement to split California?  Is that something that has a legit chance in terms of support or is it a few radicals that are just making a lot of noise? 
Your last assessment has it pegged.  Has no weight.

People in CA. aren't happy unless they are protesting ANYTHING or posting how much better their lives & children are than yours on Facebook. I've stopped watching the news....Rape, Murder, Arson, Homelessness, drug addiction....and the weather.

Be putting our house up in the next month. I'm getting my wife and kids outta here, I'll join them as often as I can until I can retire.

three years

Aloha Maui
Maui? Isn't that kinda jumping out of the frying pan into the fire?...(aside from maybe the murder and arson part)...
Not sure I follow?  I'm guessing you mean cost of living? jobs?

If so, yes things are more expensive in Hawaii, but we won't have a mortgage / car payments there, and I'll be getting my CA. retirement & will probably just work for mad money/ something to do.

Just an easier pace / lifestyle.  We spend so much going to Hawaii at least twice a year anyway...Hell, I'll probably SAVE money.
@Vanguard83 Let me know if you need another person to add to the family :-)

Quote: @mblack said:
@Vanguard83 said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@Vanguard83 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vanguard83 said:

not wanting to take this political,  how serious is that movement to split California?  Is that something that has a legit chance in terms of support or is it a few radicals that are just making a lot of noise? 

People in CA. aren't happy unless they are protesting ANYTHING or posting how much better their lives & children are than yours on Facebook. I've stopped watching the news....Rape, Murder, Arson, Homelessness, drug addiction....and the weather.

Be putting our house up in the next month. I'm getting my wife and kids outta here, I'll join them as often as I can until I can retire.

three years

Aloha Maui
Maui? Isn't that kinda jumping out of the frying pan into the fire?...(aside from maybe the murder and arson part)...

If so, yes things are more expensive in Hawaii, but we won't have a mortgage / car payments there, and I'll be getting my CA. retirement & will probably just work for mad money/ something to do.

Just an easier pace / lifestyle.  We spend so much going to Hawaii at least twice a year anyway...Hell, I'll probably SAVE money.
Get in line.  Others have already filed paperwork for adoption...

I've paid my dues fellas...28 years teaching at a public high school in Southern CA.
Always stayed close to home / folks...when they passed it's time to follow a different path.

I still have 3 years before I can retire at 55, but then I'm out.  30 years is enough.
Gonna sell while we can get what we need outta the house, move the family and I'll rent a room during the "teaching season"
fly back as often as possible / summers.

Vikes lovers door is always open

Quote: @greediron said:
@mblack said:
@Vanguard83 said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@Vanguard83 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vanguard83 said:

three years

Aloha Maui

Get in line.  Others have already filed paperwork for adoption...
Now that's funny. There has to be a way circumvent the process. Thinking...

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
I've paid my dues fellas...28 years teaching at a public high school in Southern CA.
Always stayed close to home / folks...when they passed it's time to follow a different path.

I still have 3 years before I can retire at 55, but then I'm out.  30 years is enough.
Gonna sell while we can get what we need outta the house, move the family and I'll rent a room during the "teaching season"

Good for you Vanguard!  “I don’t care” will sound great from Hawaii!  Wink B)

Quote: @Kentis said:
@Vanguard83 said:

Good for you Vanguard!  “I don’t care” will sound great from Hawaii!  Wink B)
ʻaʻole mālama