Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worse Decision, Teddy Signing With The Jets Or The Jets Signing Teddy?
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Honestly, I don't think many Jets fans care about Teddy: its the new shiny QB they'll pick at #3 that they'll care about. It might very well be that TB isn't on the Jets roster come September 1st. He was the Viking's Plan C and only as a backup, not as a presumptive starter. There is obviously something up with than leg which may just be the way it is for him moving forward sadly.
I think you're right about that. There is no attachment from a fan perspective on the Jets side at this point. I think they are more focused on finding the guy and pissed that they got rejected by Cousins. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Honestly, I don't think many Jets fans care about Teddy: its the new shiny QB they'll pick at #3 that they'll care about. It might very well be that TB isn't on the Jets roster come September 1st. He was the Viking's Plan C and only as a backup, not as a presumptive starter. There is obviously something up with than leg which may just be the way it is for him moving forward sadly.
I think you're right about that. There is no attachment from a fan perspective on the Jets side at this point. I think they are more focused on finding the guy and pissed that they got rejected by Cousins. 
I would be pissed, if the best QB available rejected my team for less money elsewhere. Then in return, end up with that teams plan D.

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:
Hmmm...

It took the Jets half a week to officially announce the deal. A lot of other Jets signings took/passed physicals and were announced in between.

Maybe something happened here towards the end of the season. The Jets offer him a nice deal, he verbally commits, it leaks out he's signing. Media and fans react positively. He gets to New York for a medical evaluation. The Jets don't want to commit guarenteed money and they continue negotiating. They  finally re-agree to terms, Teddy signs, and the Jets announce he passed the physical 4 days later.

...Teddy's agent takes a fair deal not wanting to risk labeling the knee as a major issue to the rest of the market... this would be a fair reason even if nothing happened to Teddy here but his physical raised flags in NY.
There was something odd about his signing - the "signing announcement" photo he posted looked like it was staged in his agent's office; no Jets officials in the image.
My hunch is that Bridgewater had a verbal offer, as you suggested, and Bridgewater himself leaked the news before passing the Jets physical. I get a strong sense that Bridgewater felt self-righteous and angry at the Vikings organization and/or maybe people who doubted he has a future in the NFL. When Keenum and Bradford both got nice new deals on the first day of open free agency, it may have seemed important to Bridgewater to appear he was just as much in demand as the others, at least in terms of not having to wait long to get a new job.