Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derwin James with #1 pick?
Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
Points. As in Minnesota needs to score more and more consistently. Matty Ice got his team to a SB. He's a Tier 2 QB.

Sheldon Richardson is not going to pressure the QB on every play. Unless Minnesota has 4 Xavier Rhodes and 2 Harrison Smiths Playoff teams will get targets open, move the ball and score points.

This just isn't ever going to be the Bears, Ravens or Broncos level of Elite Defense.

I'd love nothing more then for Sam and Teddy to be fully healthy. Either could take this team all the way with improvement to the O-Line, which should come via the Draft.

As a fan I just can't feel good about that level of risk when there is a far less risky option out there.

I'd feel different if I thought Rick would spend big FA dollars on the O-Line again, snagged Richardson AND inked two CBs. At that point even Case would have a legit shot at taking this team all the way.

In lieu of that unlikely scenario give me the Tier 2 QB that doesn't have any health questions.
for 25 million a year I will give him to you every time you ask.   B)

You guys are nuts. No RT, no 3T, need more CBs but let's take a guy at the same position we already had potentially the ROY. Drafting like that will net you one incredibly talented position or unit at the expense of another.

Look at the Cowboys. Loaded up on 1st Round O-Linemen at the expense of their Defense. Which got them nowhere.

BPA@PON. WR and RB are not positions of need to the extent that you burn your first rounder on them. Yes, Jet needs replacing. Did Kamara or Hunt go in the 1st? 

You can make a legit argument for virtually every other position though. James is a massive upgrade from Sendejo. A LB to hedge against Barr backsliding on the field or not willing to sign long-term for what the Vikings want to pay him. DE because of its importance to Zimmer's scheme, Griffs age/health, Hunter's sort of down year. Center because you can kick Elf to OG. QB because, well, it's the Vikings. TE for sure.

But hell no to WR, RB and NT. It's a deep draft again this year. Value will be there at those positions in later rounds.

Really going to be fun to see what Rick does this year. Will he go for his Ten Picks? With a loaded Roster does he juke us and move up to get certain guys and only wind up with 6 or 7 players total or even less? Does he move a pick or multiple picks to acquire a veteran? ,

The Draft is in two weeks, right? 

If Barkley fell to 30 we would have some very attractive trade offers.

Points. As in Minnesota needs to score more and more consistently. Matty Ice got his team to a SB. He's a Tier 2 QB.

Sheldon Richardson is not going to pressure the QB on every play. Unless Minnesota has 4 Xavier Rhodes and 2 Harrison Smiths Playoff teams will get targets open, move the ball and score points.

This just isn't ever going to be the Bears, Ravens or Broncos level of Elite Defense.

I'd love nothing more then for Sam and Teddy to be fully healthy. Either could take this team all the way with improvement to the O-Line, which should come via the Draft.

As a fan I just can't feel good about that level of risk when there is a far less risky option out there.

I'd feel different if I thought Rick would spend big FA dollars on the O-Line again, snagged Richardson AND inked two CBs. At that point even Case would have a legit shot at taking this team all the way.

In lieu of that unlikely scenario give me the Tier 2 QB that doesn't have any health questions.
I dont have a favorite anymore, but agree there are too many questions for me to risk this good D talent with Bradford or Bridgewater anointed starters. Guru has come out and said they wont do that, and I agree with RS on that stand.

Very hard to predict what Cousins would/could do here with this surround. It's not like he's coming into a locker room with Big K, Steussie, Christy, Randall McDaniel and Dave Dixon waiting to suit-up, let alone how things will morph with DeFillipo (knock off the Flip guys, we got our Flip in MN already). 

But it's also not hard to imagine some improvement along the OL, DeFillipo has a track record of playing to his players strengths and Dalvin Cook is back and hopefully healthy again.  

Vikies need to nut-up on QB, get it right. If that means paying $130mm to Cousins cause he's the best option to keep-up with the Joneses than do it.

How they've managed the position since Pepp went down is rivaled only by the Factory of Sadness out of Ohio. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"FSUVike" said:

I dont have a favorite anymore, but agree there are too many questions for me to risk this good D talent with Bradford or Bridgewater anointed starters. Guru has come out and said they wont do that, and I agree with RS on that stand.

Very hard to predict what Cousins would/could do here with this surround. It's not like he's coming into a locker room with Big K, Steussie, Christy, Randall McDaniel and Dave Dixon waiting to suit-up, let alone how things will morph with DeFillipo (knock off the Flip guys, we got our Flip in MN already). 

But it's also not hard to imagine some improvement along the OL, DeFillipo has a track record of playing to his players strengths and Dalvin Cook is back and hopefully healthy again.  

Vikies need to nut-up on QB, get it right. If that means paying $130mm to Cousins cause he's the best option to keep-up with the Joneses than do it.

How they've managed the position since Pepp went down is rivaled only by the Factory of Sadness out of Ohio. 

Agree on the Flip part...  thats why They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning,
No-one you see, is smarter than he,
And we know Flipper, lives in a world full of wonder.... even has his own song!

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"FSUVike" said:

Agree on the Flip part...  thats why They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning,
No-one you see, is smarter than he,
And we know Flipper, lives in a world full of wonder.... even has his own song!
I don't really think Flip would have minded sharing the nickname.