Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McDaniels Tells The Colts To Pound Sand
Quote: @"Bolstad79" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Could the Pats' dick move impact the Vikings? Colts are now without too many options for HC, as many have already taken jobs. Are the only options left coaches who have been passed over...and John DeFilippo? 
QB coach  to Head Coach, not impossible but I doubt that happens.
He was reportedly in the mix for HC in Chicago and Arizona. It sounds like the bigger concern now is that Reich is hired by the Colts and brings Flipper with him as his OC. 

If I'm Flippo, the Vikings is the better gig, and the one more likely to lead to a HC job. And not just because we have better talent. Think about it, if the Colts do well offensively, the credit will go to Reich. If the Vikings do well offensively, Filip Petit can parlay that right into an HC job. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Could the Pats' dick move impact the Vikings? Colts are now without too many options for HC, as many have already taken jobs. Are the only options left coaches who have been passed over...and John DeFilippo? 
He was reportedly in the mix for HC in Chicago and Arizona. It sounds like the bigger concern now is that Reich is hired by the Colts and brings Flipper with him as his OC. 

If I'm Flippo, the Vikings is the better gig, and the one more likely to lead to a HC job. And not just because we have better talent. Think about it, if the Colts do well offensively, the credit will go to Reich. If the Vikings do well offensively, Filip Petit can parlay that right into an HC job. 
spell check had a heyday with DeFilippo

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

I would guess if Reich goes to Indy that flipper would stay in Philly as their OC...no?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
no but reich is on the colts short list, so if he leaves philly for indy then defilipo would be the most likely candidate for the philly OC job.... Vikings dicked.

Not if DeFillipo wants to call plays and be more of the guy. He will just be under Pedersons shadow in Philly. If he wants an offense of his own to make a name... He would come here. IMO

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

I would guess if Reich goes to Indy that flipper would stay in Philly as their OC...no?
Yeah, I painted the scenario all wrong, but it's true in either case. In either Philly under Pederson or Indy under Reich he'd be under an offensive mind. In Minnesota, everything the offense does will be attributed to him. 

Quote: @"Canthony" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
no but reich is on the colts short list, so if he leaves philly for indy then defilipo would be the most likely candidate for the philly OC job.... Vikings dicked.

Not if DeFillipo wants to call plays and be more of the guy. He will just be under Pedersons shadow in Philly. If he wants an offense of his own to make a name... He would come here. IMO
depends on if he thinks he needs to be an OC play caller before he would get a HC gig.  His fastest track to a HC offer might be to stay in philly as they have a system in place and as long as they continue to play well his star would rise.  coming to MN he will likely have to either learn what we have been doing,  or implement his own system which can sometimes take a year or two to really get clicking.  not to mention the QB situation,  no knock on our guys,  but having Wentz as your QB would be pretty enticing as well.  not having to move,  superbowl cred,  familiarity with everything.... staying put for him would be pretty enticing with a pay raise and a promotion,  even if he didnt get to call the plays.