Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We know the Vikings have interest in Eagles QB coach John DeFilippo but
He might as well take the job.  If Zim doesn't "get over the hump" (good coach... but not great enough to win a SB), there may be an opening for a HC here in a couple years.
And, lest anyone forget: I'm a BIG Zimmer guy.  I love the guy.  But he (his team) was CLEARLY out-coached when it mattered most.  Maybe he'll learn from it and get better (we certainly did improve on our 3rd down numbers last season)... or maybe this is as good as it gets: close, but no Super Bowls.

Quote: @pumpf said:
He might as well take the job.  If Zim doesn't "get over the hump" (good coach... but not great enough to win a SB), there may be an opening for a HC here in a couple years.
And, lest anyone forget: I'm a BIG Zimmer guy.  I love the guy.  But he (his team) was CLEARLY out-coached when it mattered most.  Maybe he'll learn from it and get better (we certainly did improve on our 3rd down numbers last season)... or maybe this is as good as it gets: close, but no Super Bowls.
in fairness... that guy that outcoached Zim,  just outcoached the shit out of arguably one of the best cheaters coaches that the league has ever seen.

Quote: @pumpf said:
You are a coach and much more experience than most of us internet GMs, so I will ask you.  How much does the film make a difference?

Take Case this year.  I think he struggled later in the year as teams got film on him.  I have heard it said it takes about 8 weeks of film to get a good bead on a guy.

Now think of Foles.  His film was limited as was his experience in this offense.  But they got the bye and homefield, so their coaching staff used that to their advantage.  They remade the offense to accentuate Foles's ability.  Zimmer and BB rely on film, so they likely had some issues game planning for Foles.  Obviously Zimmer was prepared for the RPO, the short slants as that was what Philly had relied on with Foles.  But Pederson threw a major change up with some double moves and deep throws.

And then in the superbowl, with two weeks to prepare, it was obvious Pederson didn't rest on his laurels.  Instead of the slants, they ran lots of fades.  Kudos to that offensive staff.