Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We know the Vikings have interest in Eagles QB coach John DeFilippo but
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I hate to say it... I REALLY hate to say it... but we could use some of the offensive mojo that the Eagles got going.  Our coaches were clearly out-coached in the NFCCG... so why not try to get one of them?

Quote: @pumpf said:
I hate to say it... I REALLY hate to say it... but we could use some of the offensive mojo that the Eagles got going.  Our coaches were clearly out-coached in the NFCCG... so why not try to get one of them?
my feelings exactly, weakens an NFC opponent at the same time.

Quote: @pumpf said:
They've obviously done a good job of game planning and we could certainly benefit from some of that. I do think that either DeFilippo or Stefanski would be a good choice. I want to build off of what Shurmur was doing and I think either would be suited for that.

I think the guy will pass. Minnesota has a lot going for it other than the QB situation....which is obviously important and I think would give some candidates pause. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I think the guy will pass. Minnesota has a lot going for it other than the QB situation....which is obviously important and I think would give some candidates pause. 
At the same time how often do teams with a solid QB go looking for OCs?  Unless he thinks that Phillys OC will get a HC job soon and he could move up from within? 

Edit:  just read defilipo is catching some HC steam.... that might be a good reason to stay put.  If there are teams interested,  he might be best served by staying put and riding the wave that is rolling in philly,  although with the HC calling the plays that really limits what boxes the OC and QB coach have checked on their resume.

It woukd be nice if who ever they might bring in had decent experience in play calling.  

Goessling is not correct on this. The Vikings have a very good relationship with DeFilippo's agent and know he'd be interested in the position. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Goessling is not correct on this. The Vikings have a very good relationship with DeFilippo's agent and know he'd be interested in the position. 
I would believe Guru's take on this.  What kind of message are you sending to the league if you turn down promotion opportunities?  An OC position is a huge leap of responsibility over a position coach.

I'd bet he not only interviews, but would gladly accept the job if offered.  

Zim and RS have quite a good list of very good candidates.  It will be interesting to see who they pick.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
I would believe Guru's take on this.  What kind of message are you sending to the league if you turn down promotion opportunities?  An OC position is a huge leap of responsibility over a position coach.

I'd bet he not only interviews, but would gladly accept the job if offered.  

Zim and RS have quite a good list of very good candidates.  It will be interesting to see who they pick.
I don't have the specific tweet, but I think Darren Wolfson had said something similar regarding DeFilippo. I am not promising he'd take the job, but he definitely would be interested. 

The only reason I could see him not taking the job if offered was that Reich may be looking at a HC job next year.