Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Same As It Ever Was...Same As It Ever Was...Same As It Ever Was...
Disappointed in the coaching and player resiliency last night...Well, they'll both get a lot of time to stew on this one.

Cooling detachment is brilliant oratory. Its actually how I am trending over the decades (decades!) 

The fact that this one hurts less than the others is a testament to that. The fact that I am on this board posting this morning is a testament to insanity. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Disappointed in the coaching and player resiliency last night...Well, they'll both get a lot of time to stew on this one.

Cooling detachment is brilliant oratory. Its actually how I am trending over the decades (decades!) 

The fact that this one hurts less than the others is a testament to that. The fact that I am on this board posting this morning is a testament to insanity. 
I've also learned that the ass-kickings are a whole lot easier to get over than the close losses like 1998 and 2009.  I would have been completely devastated if they would have lost to the Saints last week at home after being up by 17 towards the end of the 3rd quarter.

I'm more angry than bummed over this one, but I'm still able to at least appreciate how well the team did this year considering both the starting QB and possible ROY candidate RB were lost for the season by week 4.

I lost zero sleep last night...didn't lose any sleep when Walsh clanked his fg vs Seattle...I'm just not as invested anymore...  

Agree with many of you. I've just found myself not putting so much of me into this as I used to. I still the love the Vikings. I will always love them. I just won't let that love wreak havoc on me anymore (thank God!). And, I will keep watching. I don't feel heartsick today at all, just frustrated and annoyed, I guess.
I should add that I shut the game off after they went up 31-7.
I hope Zim can right things with this group. They seem to really be susceptible to the pressure of the moment. It's like they lose confidence in the face of adversity after having lots of bravado about themselves leading up to said moment. I could be wrong, but that's just my perception of them. Actually, I hope I'm wrong.

How different would all this be if not for two plays: the miracle to Diggs, and Julio dropping the td late against Philly?   We would have either been home watching the Saints go on or playing Atlanta at home, a huge difference from travel to Philly where we almost never win and often get blown out.