Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How will you celebrate if the Vikings win it all?
I will turn my phone off.  And cry.

However this season ends.  

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
If it happens it will be very emotional for me. I'll certainly raise a toast to my little brother and purple compadre whom I lost 20 years ago. He was a bigger Viking fan than even me. The spring after his death, I forgot about the draft. I forgot about a lot of things that year: my career, my health, my ability to care about anything. Biggest draft nut in the world and while the Vikings wrote "Dwayne Rudd" on their card, I'm snowboarding without a clue it was draft weekend. Seems incomprehensible now. 

So, yeah, that, and I might update my Robert Smith jersey to Stefon Diggs or Dalvin Cook. I might also buy a Vikings pennant and put it over the Packers one in a co-worker's cube. She'll love that. I also have a bit of a man-cave going right now in my basement. Be fun to get a framed picture of Bud Grant holding the Lombardi at USB with confetti raining down. God, let that happen. 

I lost my cousin Brent in 1990 in a head-on collision. He was a HUGE Vikings fan just like me. I know if we win it he'll be up in heaven whooping and hollering and smiling the biggest, brightest grin ever. I have been thinking a lot about Brent since we've been on this run....how much it would have meant to him and how amped up he'd be to finally see the dream come true. We win it I'll know Brent and Prince talked to Vince and God and told them it was time Big Grin

Quote: @"prairieghost" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
If it happens it will be very emotional for me. I'll certainly raise a toast to my little brother and purple compadre whom I lost 20 years ago. He was a bigger Viking fan than even me. The spring after his death, I forgot about the draft. I forgot about a lot of things that year: my career, my health, my ability to care about anything. Biggest draft nut in the world and while the Vikings wrote "Dwayne Rudd" on their card, I'm snowboarding without a clue it was draft weekend. Seems incomprehensible now. 

So, yeah, that, and I might update my Robert Smith jersey to Stefon Diggs or Dalvin Cook. I might also buy a Vikings pennant and put it over the Packers one in a co-worker's cube. She'll love that. I also have a bit of a man-cave going right now in my basement. Be fun to get a framed picture of Bud Grant holding the Lombardi at USB with confetti raining down. God, let that happen. 

I lost my cousin Brent in 1990 in a head-on collision. He was a HUGE Vikings fan just like me. I know if we win it he'll be up in heaven whooping and hollering and smiling the biggest, brightest grin ever. I have been thinking a lot about Brent since we've been on this run....how much it would have meant to him and how amped up he'd be to finally see the dream come true. We win it I'll know Brent and Prince talked to Vince and God and told them it was time Big Grin
Got an uncle on my wife's side that was disabled.  He was the biggest Viking fan and we have some of the Viking gear he bought.  He passed a few year back, we were all hoping he would get to see them win one.  So I will certainly raise a toast to Uncle Ralph who will be smiling down from heaven.

[Image: DTR_0hrVAAAvEEp.jpg:large]

I'm not sure what I would do but my neighbor has a couple of good looking sheep that I have had my eye on!

Hopefully I wont be too drunk!

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
I'm not sure what I would do but my neighbor has a couple of good looking sheep that I have had my eye on!

Hopefully I wont be too drunk!
I hope you aren't thinking about killing the neighbor's sheep.  

And if this is sex crap - the packers were eliminated. 

I honestly don't know how I'd feel. I don't really follow any other sports team. There have been many past mememories of failures that could be put to rest. Probably take that Monday off to recuperate and let it all sink in. Then buy tons of anything Vikings Super Bowl related.