Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My take on fixing the review process ...(edited for clarity)
Quote: @Riphawkins said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Riphawkins said:
First, it is Replay, not Instant Replay. Instant Replay is when they replay the previous play just so we can see it again.

Nobody ever said replay would be quick, and when they try to limit the time it is usually a cluster fuck, or should I say more of a cluster fuck.

I would rather it take a little bit longer for them to get it right than to hurry and get it wrong.

Finally, I think the only way to fix this system is to go with the college system. It seems like they get a lot of things right where the NFL gets them wrong.

I do think limiting the coaches to a certain number of challenges is BS, if the ref screws up 4 times, you will only get to challenge 3 times. That is giving them the benefit of the doubt and saying they will get the first two right when they do challenge.
no matter how long they take they are fucking it up so if they are going to fuck it up anyway then I want it to be INSTANT... its currently is not and thats why i want it fixed.

either make it quick and thusly able to be expanded,  or get rid of it all together.   i can be improved upon and made quicker if the string pullers in NY wanted it to be that way.
I don’t know that they fuck it up anyway. Yes, they make mistakes and get it wrong. Probably too many times, but they do get it right also. 

The officials get a lot of shit wrong, from not calling holding on the Packers, to making fans hold their breath on every pass play wondering if it is going to be a catch or pass interference call.

I don’t think it will ever be fixed to satisfy everyone.
And they would get some right when they speed it up. The current system sucks.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Riphawkins said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Riphawkins said:
First, it is Replay, not Instant Replay. Instant Replay is when they replay the previous play just so we can see it again.

Nobody ever said replay would be quick, and when they try to limit the time it is usually a cluster fuck, or should I say more of a cluster fuck.

I would rather it take a little bit longer for them to get it right than to hurry and get it wrong.

Finally, I think the only way to fix this system is to go with the college system. It seems like they get a lot of things right where the NFL gets them wrong.

I do think limiting the coaches to a certain number of challenges is BS, if the ref screws up 4 times, you will only get to challenge 3 times. That is giving them the benefit of the doubt and saying they will get the first two right when they do challenge.
no matter how long they take they are fucking it up so if they are going to fuck it up anyway then I want it to be INSTANT... its currently is not and thats why i want it fixed.

either make it quick and thusly able to be expanded,  or get rid of it all together.   i can be improved upon and made quicker if the string pullers in NY wanted it to be that way.
I don’t know that they fuck it up anyway. Yes, they make mistakes and get it wrong. Probably too many times, but they do get it right also. 

The officials get a lot of shit wrong, from not calling holding on the Packers, to making fans hold their breath on every pass play wondering if it is going to be a catch or pass interference call.

We have a difference of opinion on what and how this needs fixed. 

We agree the current system sucks, I guess I don’t understand your need for speed. You have a hot date after the games are over?

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Riphawkins said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Riphawkins said:

We have a difference of opinion on what and how this needs fixed. 

We agree the current system sucks, I guess I don’t understand your need for speed. You have a hot date after the games are over?
I just have better things to do than watch a bunch of clowns try to get something right for 5 minutes ( and then typically blow it anyway )  when the average informed fan could make the call in 30 seconds.

It's annoying on TV,  it really sucks at the games in person. 

I think a lot of the time wasted is that the head referee is
on the field and makes the review decisions.

Either put them in the booth with immediate access to the
replays.  Or get a booth referee / New
York to make the right call, trust it’s right and just report it.

Some great ideas in this thread.  I really like the idea of fixed cameras on the sidelines, goal lines and back of the end zone.  The suggestion to take the field ref out of the equation is an great one, let a booth official review and make the determination.  Last but not least, they HAVE TO revamp the entire officating personnel and and get some younger officials that actually almost keep up with the action. 

Like I said all of these have been mentioned in this thread so I'm just agreeing with several of the above posters.  Somethings definitely need to change!