Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FoxSports Cowherd: 'Is Green Bay just Cleveland with a good QB?'
Quote: @Wetlander said:
It's kind of a sensational headline...  but he could have used a number of bad teams and made the same point.  You could put Rodgers on this year's Bears, Bengals, Colts, Giants, Texans, etc. and they probably would have been playoff teams...  Not necessarily Super Bowl contenders, but playoff teams like the Packers have been the past 5 years.

Rodgers IS that good...  and Green Bay really hasn't done a good job of surrounding him with good talent since their Super Bowl win.  They are basically a 4-12 to 6-10 team without him... 

On the flip side, the Vikings have had to replace their starting QB at the beginning of the past two seasons and have gone 8-8 and 11-3...  The talent level of these teams isn't even close.  The Packers have a Super Bowl caliber QB and we have a Super Bowl caliber team.  I would bet if we had Rodgers the past three seasons, we'd have at least one Super Bowl and we would be favorites to win it all this season (heck, we might be favorites right now with Keenum).
I would take Rogers over Brady. I think he's the best player in the League. That said, glad he's 34 and Teddy Thompson is tight fisted and unaggressive in FA.

Isn't Roger FA eligible this year? (insert devil emoji here).

i take most of yall havent been to cleavland. that place is a shithole.