Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FoxSports Cowherd: 'Is Green Bay just Cleveland with a good QB?'
Its interesting. He mentioned that the Packers defense is poor and that they've allowed points EVERY time an opponent gets into their red zone. That hasn't happened in 9 years in the NFL. Said they aren't a talented roster. Peter King agreed and mentioned that Minnesota has surpassed them and if the Vikings can get B+ play from the QB position ongoing, they'll have a nice successful window for the foreseeable future. King and Cowherd said the Viking's roster is top shelf for talent. 

Theyre finding out what we've know for years...Seriously how many games can they win by virtue hail mary's?

I don't think I'd quite call them "Cleveland," but it was immediately clear that without Rodgers they're just a mediocre team, and their record/performance reflected that with his absence.  They can win some games against poor teams with just average QB play but need magic & luck against better teams.

One of the Puker fans I work with is finally agreeable to Dom Caper's removal.  The days of routinely scoring 35+ points are over and no longer qualifies for a NFL defense.

Ted Thompson is blowing his chance with a HoF QB. I dont blame Rogers for not being  happy with how the front office has run things lately. At least thats the rumblings I hear from some Pack fans who follow that team closely.

That said, GB has been in the playoffs the last 8 years. More than we can say as Vikings fans. 

To compare that franchise to Cleveland is ridiculous. Much as I hate to say it, they have been pretty damn good for a long time. 

One thing is clear from the game yesterday: Rodgers is into being the hero and making hero throws. He can sit there and say that fans shouldn't expect miracles from him, but the hypocrite is always trying the hero throw. He's a talented guy, but he's everything to that team. And when he doesn't play great, they don't win. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Ted Thompson is blowing his chance with a HoF QB. I dont blame Rogers for not being  happy with how the front office has run things lately. At least thats the rumblings I hear from some Pack fans who follow that team closely.

That said, GB has been in the playoffs the last 8 years. More than we can say as Vikings fans. 

To compare that franchise to Cleveland is ridiculous. Much as I hate to say it, they have been pretty damn good for a long time. 
He's not talking from an overall perspective, he's talking from a 'this year' perspective. Its a gotcha headline, of course, but when you watched the Green Bay-Cleveland game with Hundley in there, what was the difference between the two teams? Not much. The Browns had that game won until they turned into the Browns at the end. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

He's not talking from an overall perspective, he's talking from a 'this year' perspective. Its a gotcha headline, of course, but when you watched the Green Bay-Cleveland game with Hundley in there, what was the difference between the two teams? Not much. The Browns had that game won until they turned into the Browns at the end. 
I couldn't believe the Browns urped that up the way they did. Shameful. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

I couldn't believe the Browns urped that up the way they did. Shameful. 
And why the pain on Cleveland will continue as long as Jackson is HC.  1 win in 2 years should get you fired.

That's an exaggeration to call them Cleveland but Cowturd is known for that. But the reality is that Green Bay is being exposed as not being a complete team. Their defense is pitiful and there are many holes that they have not addressed. I don't understand how Capers still has a job. Same goes for Thompson and McCarthy. Oh well, the Packers suck.