Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flashy a flash-in-the-pan?
The slower, smaller, less athletic AT did fine with the coaching. 

Considering how the Raiders team did as a whole this season I'm not going to agree with this notion that CP has a fork protruding out of him. I'd love it if we brought him back on a cheap deal. His last season with us was decent with Sam at QB anyway.
2016 CP: 52 catches 453 yards 2 TDs...add in his KR abilities and his use on ST as a gunner and I see value in picking him up if he's let go.
In contrast...
2017 Jarius Wright: 18 catches 198 yards 2 TDs*
2017 LaQuon Treadwell: 20 catches 200 yards 0 TDs
2017 Michael Floyd: 10 catches 78 yards 0 TDs
2017 Stacy Coley: Active 1 game this season, no catches*
I put asterisks by Wright and Coley as I like both players and especially like Wright as a clutch guy on third down. Coley I think has a bright future so I look for him to get on the field next season. To me, Floyd and Treadwell (for sure Floyd) are wasted roster spots. I like Treadwell as a blocker but that's all we've seen from him (well...and those 20 catches, I guess). David Morgan is a fine blocker as well but he can actually run routes and catch passes and TDs too, so to me Treadwell continues to disappoint.
I'd take CP back over having LT and MF on this team.

What makes this team click is it's unselfishness.  You don't have a loudmouth (and underperforming) Alex Boone, Flashy, AD or others that offer media sound bytes but no longer have value.  With the decline of kickoff returns in the league, it has completely diminished the value of a KR.  Not worth a roster spot...a) for the specialty and b) for the attitude.

I can't say I really remember CP having an attitude, at least not in the way that makes him a big ol' diva. In fact, him embracing his role as gunner on ST to me was just one sign that he was a team guy. From my point a view a little bit of swagger doesn't hurt any team. Diggs has swagger (and some knock him for it), Rhodes has swagger, Griffen has swagger...There are a few others. I don't think a little of that hurts anything and I really feel like the guys I mentioned here aren't selfish about it. Examples of divas to me are guys like Zeke Elliott, O'Dell Beckham, Antonio Brown, Cam Newton, Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers, to name a few. And yes, those are all great players but they to me are the true definition of a loud mouth diva with an attitude and CP is not.

CPatt is really good at punt coverage,  I dont remember him having an impact on K coverage,  I honestly dont see a huge advantage to him as a KR,  but add in the P coverage and some specialty touches on O.... he would be worth a small contract with some incentives to try and get him to add more to his game unless they are really sold on one of the other reserves that has a higher ceiling.

we have 8 receivers on the roster or practicecsquad who are better receivers than him.  raw takent, but no thanks.  gadget playwr and a bad route runner.  i would take him as a 3rd or 4th RB option for 5-7 carries a game