Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flashy a flash-in-the-pan?
Cordarelle Patterson: 6th in the league in KO returns. 0 TDs. WR stats: 31 catches, 309 yds. 0 TDs. 

Talk about totally the right call letting him move on. I thought Del Rio said the Vikings, 'didn't use him right'. LMAO. 

Cordarelle  has the size and speed, but nothing between the ears.  He thinks he good enough right now as he is and doesn't try to exceed to get even better.

Bring him back here for ST's...I'd take em back at the right price and he'd probably thrive here more than Ca or NV.

I wouldn't be shocked if he got brought back. His return skills alone are worth a roster spot. But the idea he is going to develop into a great WR has probably passed. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Bring him back here for ST's...I'd take em back at the right price and he'd probably thrive here more than Ca or NV.
Not worth the roster spot.  JM averaged 26 yards.  CP averaged 28.  

I just don’t think elite kickoff return men provide much
value right now.  You’re pretty much
hoping to get 1-2 big returns a season more than an average returner.  They just don’t influence the game often
enough.  I think you’re better off using
the roster spot on a guy who has the potential of doing something else and just
letting the chips fall where they may with regards to KR.

I think a good punt returner still has value, mostly with
regards to not fumbling.  I wouldn’t pay
them a ton, but I would take the time to find the right guy here and go get one
if need be.

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
@purplefaithful said:
JM is probably gone after this season.

You'd bring CP back with the thought to upside here vs what he did in Oakland...If he can break 1 or 2 games open a year it would be worthwhile investment imo. CP was very well liked in the locker room too. 

I guess there is still hope that Treadwell will develop into a useful WR. Not sure about anything more than that. We also have Floyd on the roster this year. I'm not sure either of the 2 rookie receivers were ever active, maybe Coley for a game or two.  All those guys combined did approximately nothing. 
As a rookie CP managed to score, what, 9 TDs.  2 of those were by returns. 7 came on receptions and runs.  It's hard to believe Musgrave was the OC genius that figured out that if you get  CP the ball a few times a game (hand offs and screen passes) he can make things happen.  This year,  nobody on the Vikings has more than 8 TDs (I know Keenum has passed for more). CP is also a really good ST player. He is worth a roster spot at the right price.

@purplefaithful said:
Not arguing, although I wouldn't mind him coming back for a low/commensurate contract, but Sherels doesn't contribute much other than special tams play.  I used to be against keeping Sherels for that reason alone, but then I/we (I think) see the value in a sure handed PR/KR.

A minimum contract as a KR/#5WR is all I would want for him to be here.  Then again, can we find that in this next draft, too?  Possibly.  

@purplefaithful said:
I also add this, Preifer > most ST coaches in the league.  We schemed some nice blocking for CP when he was here and CP would hit the holes he was supposed to at the right times.  His lack of production in KR could be due to coaching/scheming.  WR skills still the same, but did come up with a few clutch catches for Da Raidaz, just as he did for us.  Nothing upping his value, but clutch nonetheless.