• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good argument to start Teddy now
Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@PapaScott said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@PapaScott said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
You just can't get this type of insight any old place...

The Vikings have a good team with a talented, productive offense driven by a bevy of skilled offensive weapons.But, if the quarterback situation is improved, the Vikings could have a great team.
Great teams win Super Bowls.
That is what it boils down to.

Just looking around the interwebs and other fan comment sites, I'm pretty shocked to discover just how many people think we'd be better off with Keenum. Not just Keenum should start Sunday, but for the rest of the season. 

Folks, if we find ourselves heading into the playoffs with Keenum as our QB and Teddy having not yet played a game, we will not go far. We cannot let that happen. 
What will it take for you to think otherwise?  seriously.  If the Vikings find themselves heading into the playoffs with keenum it will in large part because of keenum.  And if Keenum leads the Vikings to the playoffs why would you want to mess with that? It reminds me of Kyle Orton Who took over for an injured Rex Grossman did nothing but allow the Bears to win the divison and a first round bye to then be replaced by Grossman and preceded to lose their first game in the playoffs.
I'm going to look at it as a Brock Oswiler Denver Broncos situation.  Brock replacing an injured Manning and doing well, only to get replaced by Manning and the Defense winning a Super bowl.
Teddy Bridgewater is no Payton Manning if Teddy was anywhere near Payton we would not be having the discussion
Peyton Manning wasn't Peyton Manning that year.
But Teddy is and was never anywhere near the QB that Manning was.  Manning was a coach on the field that alone is reason to have him out there over Oswiler.