Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looming QB Decision just got a little more urgent today
Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"NodakViking" said:
@"TBro" said:
With the news from Jay Glazier today that Bradford's injury makes it likely he won't be ready again for the foreseeable future and it could possibly be career ending, and the division race opening up with Rodgers likely out for the rest of the year, I think we need to push all of our QB chips to the center of the table if Teddy is Ready. I have been one of the loudest advocates of not rushing Teddy back, and not burning the final year of his contract. After Keenum's up and down performance today and the division well within our grasp with the way Detroit and Chicago are playing, I have changed my tune. If Teddy looks good during his 3 weeks of evaluation, I say we activate him so he is ready to play after the bye week. I still give the start to Case, but we need an experienced backup and a contingency plan for the playoff push if Case regresses back to his old ways like he usually does.  
I think we have to give Case the same benefit of doubt with all the excuses Sam had about crappy teams he played on.  But I agree if Teddy is 100% and looking back to himself activate him to back up Case until needed to either rally or take over due to injury.  All signs/info points to Teddy by ready sooner rather than later.  Nice pocket ace to have....

Now we just need to avoid further injuries.

I think "give Case the same benefit of doubt with all the excuses Sam had about crappy teams he played on" is upside-down. Bradford was productive last season with a horrible OL and inept running game; he was the BEST player on our offensive unit. Keenum has played with a competent OL, better run production, and good-to-excellent receivers; he is kind of the weakest link. In 5 games, he has been impressive in 1 (Tampa); he played badly in 2 and OK in 2. When other units can carry the game, Keenum is OK to have along for the ride.

Vikings have a big QB conundrum but the schedule might be on their side right now. Next two games should be winnable with Keenum and the bye week follows. So the second half of the season starts in 27 days, and we should hope that's enough time for either Bradford or Bridgewater to be ready to play. 
So Case is tied with Sam this year.

Sam played great in one game and terrible in another.  Sam played a crappy defense at home for his good game, Case played a crappy defense at home for his good one.

I'd say they are pretty even, though Case have a winning record as a Viking.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Teddy won't be ready for any possible real action until after the bye week: and that will be the earliest. 
Link/source?

Probably won't but to my knowledge nobody knows until he gets some live practices.  Have you heard otherwise?

Quote: @"Neptizzle" said:
Case is a better QB than Flacco, is a better QB than several out there right now, which is good for us being on a team with very good WRs and a top end D. Teddy with this O will be a top 10 QB (some are thinking of the 2nd year him on Norv's O - based around AP with No OL and Wallace and Johnson as our WRs) with the O we have now. If shurmur can keep case a top 10 stats QB doing these things, a legit Teddy will be upper level.  

From what I've seen in the NFL this year, Case is better than half the NFL.  The kid has impressed me with his mobility and grit...and until yesterday hadn't thrown an INT.  Rapelesberger, Newton and Flacco have thrown 8 each.  Look at the QB crapfest a third of the league have at that position, and we're blessed to have him.
I certainly hope TB comes back as good as new, but I hope they ease him into the spot when he can fire on all cylinders.

It's great news that Teddy passed his physical today. Now we have 3 weeks to see how his knee responses to actual practice. Then we have to make a decision if he goes on the active 53 man roster or he goes on IR. If he goes active then I think they will slowly ease him back in. There is no rush...we don't want to ruin Teddy's career. Zimmer thinks to much of Teddy to do that. It is good to have him back after that devastating injury.