Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New To Group......What I saw Yesterday
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Welcome, good write-up...

Sendejo has grown into a solid S. - not a cover guy but playing smarter,  Waynes concerns me, plays off too much, the kid from Seattle (Brickman? Brockman?) sucked yesterday. 

Cook ground it out...Really impressed with our starting two WR's.

OL not a hot mess, interested to see how they gel as the year progresses. 

We're going to need Sam back, Keenum is a back-up for a reason. Where has Hunter been? 
Hunter has been doing his job.....Contain first, Seal the edge second, rush the passer third.  I think its pretty cool to see he and Griff swap jobs were Hunter can "Rush First" at the RDE spot.

Agree on getting Sam back, but I think our WR corps actually makes the QB better.  In short, we can win with Case as long as we don't have a butt load of penalties like we did against the Steelers.

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
Ball security is the number one attribute of a punt returner. That's how he won the job.
Quote:
Agree.  You remember how many times I made threads about why we need to keep Marcus?  

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Welcome...

Bucs without 4 starters on D to start the game, then the already dinged up McCoy gets dinged again...then David goes out(after the game had been decided IIRC)...Keenum and the O played very well but to underestimate the advantage we had with a third of their D starters out to start the game is just silly...

....snip........

Cook is our best all around RB since Foreman...starting to see him get more comfortable as a receiver...laid some nice blocks...

.......snip.......

Bucs abandoned the run game fairly quickly...good prep for how the Lions will play us...
I usually don't credit a loss or a win to injuries on the other side.  I like to believe good teams absorb injuries and still win because of depth and good training.  Of course, I caveat that with a large about of injuries like we saw last year. Heck, even our HC was on IR.  No team can overcome that.  Smile

I'm still hesitant to say that about Delvin, but I'm starting to believe. 

I'm not 100% convinced that our run defense is a strenght of this team.  The new look rotation at the 1 and 3 technique with 5 techniques is really interesting to watch.  Going to give it a few more weeks, but I still think our run defense is one of the weakest spots on our team,  

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"ThunderGod" said:
I want to see what Brock is about after he goals through Zimmmers schooling for DBs
Zim's school has netted us Waynes and Alexander both of whom have had talent when drafted and both of whom haven't developed into much.  I think we're over stating Zim's DB whisperer status. 
Dunno, Rhodes is being talked about at the #1 CB in the NFL right now.  Waynes gets lots of attention because the teams avoid Rhodes, and our D has been pretty stout, so I don't think you can say Waynes isn't any good right now.  Alexander is still a work in progress, but again, our D has held down some pretty good offenses.  Brees, Ben and one of the best WR groups in the NFL and now Evans and Jackson.
Trae, like Rhodes, is a work in progress.  By the end of the year everyone will be changing their mind on him.  

Think of it this way, Zim doesn't rush them out.  He brings them on slow and then, over time, they become pretty dang good.  I think we are watching that next step being taken by Trae.

Quote: @"Montana Tom" said:
Welcome Marrdro.  I'm not on here as much as I used to be, and yesterday in particular, I was finishing up hop harvest here, and kept madly checking my iPhone for scores and updates on the game, so I wasn't able to make any of the observations that you (or anyone else) made, but the stats stick out for themselves.    Thanks for the post and Welcome...now about the fridge..it's empty after a W, and it's your turn to stock it.
Not sure what stocking the fridge means.......I do cook a mean Butt.[Image: tifc3s8vabad.jpg]

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:

Bucs abandoned the run game fairly quickly...good prep for how the Lions will play us...
Bingo!

@Marrdro

Nice looking Butt man!