Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI.com: Vikings say 'Hello World'
(09-16-2024, 12:45 PM)NorseFeathers Wrote: I think one of the biggest things is that Kwesi and KOC seem to not only be on the same the page but they both seem to recognize that both of their careers are dependent on each other. They appear to have a solid plan together. Not so much with the previous regime.

Very good point.
What a distinct 180 degree difference from Zimmer and Spielman who did not talk much, if at all the last year.  I did not realize the full extent of the dysfunction and self-limitations of Zimmer until that Strib interview a few weeks ago.  Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!  

This entire regime feels like a breath of fresh air.

Plus I get the feeling that KOC and BFlo are coaches that their charges would run through a brick wall for.  Their style is smart, creative, emotional, uplifting.  A far cry from Zimmer.  We gave him too much credit in calling him ZimSu.  BTW, how's that defense doing in Dallas?
[-] The following 2 users Like Montana Tom's post:

I read something not too long ago that stuck into my limited memory ... it was something like "You can strategize and plan and plan, but it's not until you engage the heart, that's when the magic happens." The current Vikings appear to be buying into this. They play with emotion and passion. I can't remember the last time I felt this was true.

Odds to make the playoffs based on season starts since 1990 ⬇️

2-0: 63.9% made the playoffs (177/277)
0-2: 11.5% made the playoffs (32/279)

2-0: 41.2% won their division (114/277)
0-2: 6.1% won their division (17/279)

2-0: 7.6% won the SB (21/277)
0-2: 1.1% won the SB (3/279)
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

(09-16-2024, 10:52 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Well, you have to excuse long time Viking's fans: the worse is always realized. And this is only 2 games. But I think everyone has the mentality of lets enjoy it week to week, its more fun that way. The other shoe always falls.....but I don't want to think about that right now.

Just so you know, there are no longer time Vikings fans than myself, so I understand completely.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hogjowlsjohnny's post:

(09-16-2024, 01:03 PM)NorseFeathers Wrote: I read something not too long ago that stuck into my limited memory ... it was something like "You can strategize and plan and plan, but it's not until you engage the heart, that's when the magic happens." The current Vikings appear to be buying into this. They play with emotion and passion. I can't remember the last time I felt this was true.

Saw this video of the team celebrating in the locker room this morning and thought the same thing. Genuine camaraderie. I thought it was a hoot and I'm happy for them! I don't think a good locker room guarantees a good team, but a bad locker room guarantees a bad one.
[-] The following 3 users Like pattersaur's post: