Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI.com: Vikings say 'Hello World'
"In their win over the 49ers, the Vikings showed early signs of being a legitimate playoff contender."

https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/reactions...j7vw5wxzfh

[Image: images%2FImagnImages%2Fmmsport%2Finside_...3svr2t.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like StickierBuns's post:

Starting well is so huge. Even if the Vikings drop three of the next four, they will be .500 after six--an outcome all of us would've been ecstatic with when we saw the schedule.

And after week six, Vikings should have Addison and Hockenson back. Then it's the Rams, who looked horrible yesterday, the Colts, who looked horrible yesterday, the Jags, who looked horrible yesterday, the Titans, who looked horrible yesterday, the Bears....you get the idea....

The schedule just looks so different than it did just two weeks ago. So yes, this is a playoff contender.
[-] The following 4 users Like MaroonBells's post:

I cant call personally label them a playoff contender yet, but things sure look different early on vs how I envisioned em.

@ Maroon is right - that schedule doesnt look nearly as daunting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

I'd add that the Jets don't look that tough either. Came back to beat a Titans team that looks below average. Got throttled by the same 49ers team we just beat.

Houston will test our secondary with Stroud and those WRs, but at home, Vikings are playing just as good of football.

We also have the Packers with Love potentially coming back from injury or Malik Willis who the Packers didn't trust to throw the football and ran it like 45 times to beat Indy who is more hype than good.
[-] The following 2 users Like MAD GAINZ's post:

Great to see people finally realizing how good this team can be. Seemed like 80% of Vikings fans were what I call 25ers; wait until 2025 and had resigned themselves to a bad 24 season.
Past years I would hear so much talk about how much talent the Vikings had but I never saw it. This year I could see all that talent and potential. Couple the personnel with one of the most creative and intelligent coaching staffs in the NFL and I was sold.
Long way to go, but I am bullish on the 2024 season. Need a little luck staying healthy, but they have already proven they can compete for the division title; not just a wild card.
SKOL Vikings!
[-] The following 2 users Like hogjowlsjohnny's post:

(09-16-2024, 10:48 AM)hogjowlsjohnny Wrote: Great to see people finally realizing how good this team can be. Seemed like 80% of Vikings fans were what I call 25ers; wait until 2025 and had resigned themselves to a bad 24 season.
Past years I would hear so much talk about how much talent the Vikings had but I never saw it. This year I could see all that talent and potential. Couple the personnel with one of the most creative and intelligent coaching staffs in the NFL and I was sold.
Long way to go, but I am bullish on the 2024 season. Need a little luck staying healthy, but they have already proven they can compete for the division title; not just a wild card.
SKOL Vikings!

Well, you have to excuse long time Viking's fans: the worse is always realized. And this is only 2 games. But I think everyone has the mentality of lets enjoy it week to week, its more fun that way. The other shoe always falls.....but I don't want to think about that right now.
[-] The following 3 users Like StickierBuns's post:

A lot of great signs with this team and the defense seems legit, I want to be excited and optimistic, but for some reason I keep hearing the word "Passtronaut" which make me cautiously optimistic for now  Smile

(09-16-2024, 10:48 AM)hogjowlsjohnny Wrote: Great to see people finally realizing how good this team can be. Seemed like 80% of Vikings fans were what I call 25ers; wait until 2025 and had resigned themselves to a bad 24 season.
SKOL Vikings!

I was somewhere in between the "wait til 2025" crowd and the "woe is me" when JJM was injured.   I was content just to watch the games for entertainment value only, and have no/low expectations because I would not be disappointed.

I think a lot of credit has to go to both Kwesi for rebuilding the roster over the past three years and acknowledging his past mistakes with Cine and Booth, and moving past it.  Every team makes boneheaded draft mistakes.  This one happened to be his first draft and very high profile.  He has done well since, and the scouting dept has done an above average job in identifying UDFAs to bring on.

I'm still not quite on the "we're going to the playoffs" bandwagon.  Just one game at a time, still.  But this low expectations thing...it's kinda nice!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

Lets talk playoffs when they have 8 wins and at least 5 games to play, sound fair? until then I am going to just enjoy watching them outperform the expectations of most fans and pundits.
[-] The following 2 users Like JimmyinSD's post:

I think one of the biggest things is that Kwesi and KOC seem to not only be on the same the page but they both seem to recognize that both of their careers are dependent on each other. They appear to have a solid plan together. Not so much with the previous regime.
[-] The following 2 users Like NorseFeathers's post: