Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here we go, the $hit gets real tomorrow night....
(09-05-2024, 07:07 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Yeah, I read that. Costco hadn't raised their membership fees in a bit. Still an amazing deal. My wife works for a food brokerage company and represents manufacturers to get their items placed in Costco, so we haven't paid for a Costco membership in 20+ years. She just expenses them. We also get a bunch of cool samples every year from food companies, so I get to try some cool shit (some get in, many don't).

Not to go too far down the rabbit hole:

Gas @ Costco last week was .30/gallon less than the avg in the area, crazy

Their entire biz model is nuts

Back when I was working with our sales force for big food (I was in Shopper Insights/Research) I called on Costco quite a bit. 

Smartest, most discerning buyers out there - and thats comparing them to Kroger, Publix, HEB - some best in class retailers. 

I am a BIG Kirkland fan - cause I have never been disappointed buying one of their products, be it food, clothing etc...
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(09-05-2024, 09:09 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Not to go too far down the rabbit hole:

Gas @ Costco last week was .30/gallon less than the avg in the area, crazy

Their entire biz model is nuts

Back when I was working with our sales force for big food (I was in Shopper Insights/Research) I called on Costco quite a bit. 

Smartest, most discerning buyers out there - and thats comparing them to Kroger, Publix, HEB - some best in class retailers. 

I am a BIG Kirkland fan - cause I have never been disappointed buying one of their products, be it food, clothing etc...

Agreed. My wife deals with the regional buyers and the corporate buyers at Costco, top notch. Ahead of the curve by about 8 months compared to the best grocery/mass buyers and you better bring your A game when sitting across the desk from them. I also have dealt with them in a prior position and it was always challenging. They know after one week of sales if an item will be successful or not. One of the best retailers in the world.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(09-04-2024, 11:54 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: I am not feeling it as much this year,  if JJM had stayed healthy I think I would have been more intrigued, but this year it just isnt generating the euphoria of years past. I am thinking its partly due to our IOL still being an expected shit show,  and the notion that this year is basically a throw away year in terms of contending. ( I know its not, but it seems like there are a lot of holes, and outside of WR, nothing really in terms of strength.)

Pretty much how I feel.  I will go to a local sports bar with the other Montana Vikings fans with Minnesota ties, wearing my Jared Allen jersey.  I have no expectations so I am going to watch for curiosity and entertainment value only.  I am more interesting in evaluating how our starters will play, since media reports of training camp and exhibition games do not tell the story.

I'm expecting a middling performance or worse.  I am optimistic that Sam can actually perform and not turn the ball over.  He's more mobile than Cousins, but a turnover machine (oh yeah, I do remember Cousin's fumbles and untimely picks).  

So who knows.  We can all revisit this Sunday evening here on this board and share our brilliant insights and non-paid coaching evaluations.

Skol brothers and sisters.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

#Vikings HC Kevin O’Connell will spend weekly sessions with JJ McCarthy in his office to test him on the offense, @DWolfsonKSTP mentioned on @SKORNorth.

The plan is for JJ to be on the sidelines when he is able to (likely when he is off his scooter), so he can get a close look at the offense in game.

[Image: GWuZhrcXUAM8XRy?format=jpg&name=small]
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(09-05-2024, 11:24 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: #Vikings HC Kevin O’Connell will spend weekly sessions with JJ McCarthy in his office to test him on the offense, @DWolfsonKSTP mentioned on @SKORNorth.

The plan is for JJ to be on the sidelines when he is able to (likely when he is off his scooter), so he can get a close look at the offense in game.

[Image: GWuZhrcXUAM8XRy?format=jpg&name=small]

would be cool if they could have Sam and KOC micd up for each game so JJ could watch the all 22 view from a safe place ( You cant see shit from the sidelines ) that way he could see the D reacting to the formations, the adjustments that Sam makes based on what he reads, and KOCs reactions... in real time. Hell, that is how I would love to watch the games.
[-] The following 2 users Like JimmyinSD's post:

(09-05-2024, 11:40 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: would be cool if they could have Sam and KOC micd up for each game so JJ could watch the all 22 view from a safe place ( You cant see shit from the sidelines ) that way he could see the D reacting to the formations, the adjustments that Sam makes based on what he reads,  and KOCs reactions... in real time.  Hell, that is how I would love to watch the games.

I'm sure they'll have him situated the best way to soak in the offense, hear the plays, etc. As much of a bummer his injury is, here's the plusses as I see it of him out all year:
  • Much stronger knowledge of KOC's offense and NFL gameday situations
  • He'll be the undisputed starter in 2025
  • Seeing QB success/failure in real time, what works, what doesn't and how KOC's mindset on it all 
  • Complete comfort level with all aspects of the Viking's organization, NFL travel, living in Minneapolis, etc.
  • He'll be only 22 years old, still younger than 85% of the QBs that will be drafted next April
  • His natural athleticism, arm talent and swag will be more readily abundant as he'll feel confident in his knowledge of the system

Little dig on Kirko by Jefferson here:

#Vikings WR Justin Jefferson, via
@BenGoessling
, “low-key” wants QBs Sam Darnold and J.J. McCarthy (next year) “to have more confidence” than what Kirk Cousins had.

“I low-key want them to have more confidence than what Kirk had… I want to go up and make a play for them whenever they give me the chance.”

(09-05-2024, 11:59 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: I'm sure they'll have him situated the best way to soak in the offense, hear the plays, etc. As much of a bummer his injury is, here's the plusses as I see it of him out all year:
  • Much stronger knowledge of KOC's offense and NFL gameday situations
  • He'll be the undisputed starter in 2025
  • Seeing QB success/failure in real time, what works, what doesn't and how KOC's mindset on it all 
  • Complete comfort level with all aspects of the Viking's organization, NFL travel, living in Minneapolis, etc.
  • He'll be only 22 years old, still younger than 85% of the QBs that will be drafted next April
  • His natural athleticism, arm talent and swag will be more readily abundant as he'll feel confident in his knowledge of the system

Little dig on Kirko by Jefferson here:

#Vikings WR Justin Jefferson, via
@BenGoessling
, “low-key” wants QBs Sam Darnold and J.J. McCarthy (next year) “to have more confidence” than what Kirk Cousins had.

“I low-key want them to have more confidence than what Kirk had… I want to go up and make a play for them whenever they give me the chance.”

Be careful what you wish for there, Justin. KOC tried to get Kirk to play more aggressively even if it meant more INTs, and I think Cousins really did that in 2023. But I'm not sure if that's the right approach for a QB like Darnold who has had problems turning the ball over. I'll settle for a happy medium.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post: