Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Levi Drake Rodriguez
(08-12-2024, 11:59 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: I'm trying to avoid getting too hyped about this rookie class, but my goodness, JJ, Turner, Reichard...even if we stopped there it would look very good.

It's far too early to say much of anything about the rest, but you have to like the early returns on Jurgens, LDR and Richter.

I would add Rouse to the positive, early returns list...Hell, maybe they actually helped both lines?

(08-12-2024, 12:14 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: I would add Rouse to the positive, early returns list...Hell, maybe they actually helped both lines?

The name Walter Rouse sounds like a 60's cartoon artist...  but he was impressive with the second unit.  Looked strong and has some feet.  I really liked how the 2nd string OL did well against the Raiders 2nd team defense.  Run game was working and pass pro was pretty good.

(08-12-2024, 12:14 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: I would add Rouse to the positive, early returns list...Hell, maybe they actually helped both lines?

I thought Rouse looked good at times, but honestly his pass defense was a little spotty.  Looks the part and did a good job on a few running plays.  Hopefully, he has more upside because he definitely had some moments.

(08-12-2024, 11:37 AM)MAD GAINZ Wrote: LDR had an above average RAS (relative athletic score) for a DT so he's got NFL athleticism. He also has a motor that doesn't quit and we saw that in the first preseason game.

I think he has the drive to get better and some stuff you can't teach.  I think it's just a matter of how quickly he can adjust to the NFL game coming from a small school.  I wouldn't be surprised if he works his way into the rotation at some point this season.  Dude is a rolling ball of razor blades.
Yeah, I don’t listen much to the announcers but I did hear them say the Vikes hoped he could be a 3 tech rush contributor