Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Levi Drake Rodriguez
I wonder if this guy has any chance to make the team? High effort. 6'4", right around 300 lbs. I'm guessing he's a bit lacking athletically, hence where he went in the Draft, but his intangibles are high. Probably also needing to add some NFL strength. The concern is that a starting NFL OG can handle the guy one on one. Maybe he can develop on the practice squad.

(08-12-2024, 06:31 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: I wonder if this guy has any chance to make the team? High effort. 6'4", right around 300 lbs. I'm guessing he's a bit lacking athletically, hence where he went in the Draft, but his intangibles are high. Probably also needing to add some NFL strength. The concern is that a starting NFL OG can handle the guy one on one. Maybe he can develop on the practice squad.
He didn’t look explosive to me, but had good instincts. Somebody played line should look at the replays to see if his hands and feet were right.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bullazin's post:

(08-12-2024, 06:45 AM)Bullazin Wrote: He didn’t look explosive to me, but had good instincts. Somebody played line should look at the replays to see if his hands and feet were right.

Yep, he's not explosive. He might be too slow in the interior for the NFL. I wonder if he could bulk up to a more NT role sitting on the practice squad all year.

He made some plays on Saturday and I've heard has been getting reps on the first team defense in practice. As thin as our line is, he'll make the team and don't be surprised if he starts at some point this season.
[-] The following 2 users Like supafreak84's post:

Considering he's a tiny school guy I would imagine he has no clue how to use his hands. But I think he could get some rotation work for us this year because he plays with his hair on fire and the team was very high on him in the draft.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

My $$ is on he makes the final 53...For all the reasons listed above.

LDR had an above average RAS (relative athletic score) for a DT so he's got NFL athleticism. He also has a motor that doesn't quit and we saw that in the first preseason game.

I think he has the drive to get better and some stuff you can't teach. I think it's just a matter of how quickly he can adjust to the NFL game coming from a small school. I wouldn't be surprised if he works his way into the rotation at some point this season. Dude is a rolling ball of razor blades.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MAD GAINZ's post:

I'll bet he is making the 53
People sleep peacably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

I'm trying to avoid getting too hyped about this rookie class, but my goodness, JJ, Turner, Reichard...even if we stopped there it would look very good.

It's far too early to say much of anything about the rest, but you have to like the early returns on Jurgens, LDR and Richter.
[-] The following 3 users Like MaroonBells's post:

(08-12-2024, 06:51 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Yep, he's not explosive. He might be too slow in the interior for the NFL. I wonder if he could bulk up to a more NT role sitting on the practice squad all year.

I'm not sure where you're getting this from.  I think the main question on Rodriguez has been his lack of competition.  I think he's graded out quite well athletically and explosively.  In fact, it's the only reason he was able to get drafted.