Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mmmmmm....highly doubtful
(08-06-2024, 01:11 AM)RS_Express Wrote: Translation: Even if JJ is better than Darnold, KOC is willing to tank 2024 to "protect" McCarthy.  That would go well in the locker room:

"Well guys I know we're 2-6 and Sam has 13 turnovers but I'm going to keep playing him so all you guys will just have to accept finishing last for the sake of JJ's future". 

I'm sure the defense in particular would looove hearing the coachspeak version of that.

I don't know of anyone that's even hinted at that take, wtf is that about?!
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

KOC said he will play the player that gives the team the best chance to win. I take him at his word. None of us know how long it will be before JJ is ready, but KOC will know. If it's a Flynn Russell Wilson situation, so be it. It just seems a longer process is likely, regardless of the hype. Hype in training camp is great to hear, but doesn't carry much meaning.
[-] The following 2 users Like hogjowlsjohnny's post:

I'm assuming Darnold will open the season at qb and start for at least a couple of games. But I also assume Darnold will look like he has for the last 6 years and at some point all the hot air at TCO about their oh so delicate plans for JJM won't matter. The pressure to play the kid and see how he does will become overwhelming, especially if they come out of the gate 1-5 which is certainly possible given the schedule and Sam Darnold's track record of futility.

Now Doogie is stirring the pot. Is there fire with this smoke?

#Vikings rookie QB J.J. McCarthy has looked like “the real deal” and that “legitimate discussions” can now happen on the possibility of him starting week 1, says @DWolfsonKSTP

“That he is the real deal. I mean, we can at least have the discussion. I wasn’t sure four weeks ago if we would have a legitimate discussion on August 6th about the possibility of J.J. McCarthy starting week one, September 8th at the New York Giants. I think we’re to the point where it’s okay to talk about it.”

I dont know how anyone can say he looks like the real deal or a steaming pile of dog crap as of yet...

Jeebus, no pre-season games or no scrimmages vs Brownies yet.

Such an impatient world.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(08-06-2024, 03:38 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: I dont know how anyone can say he looks like the real deal or a steaming pile of dog crap as of yet...

Jeebus, no pre-season games or no scrimmages vs Brownies yet.

Such an impatient world.

I was very surprised to see Doogie say this.

Why can't people just be patient? Let the JJM process play out like KOC said they were going to do.
This endless speculation is just nonsensical.
This "ifs and butts" discourse is mind numbing.
We'll all have a general idea by Game 6 whether Darnold is going to be the man this year. Keep in mind that Jordan Love kinda stunk up the Packer's facility for the first 6 gmaes of the season. in the last 2/3 of the season he had 10 games with a Passer Rating of 100 or higher.
Why rush it? We haven't even seen the first preseason snaps.

If JJM sits all season and we finish with a 10-7 record and make the playoffs, that might be a best case scenario...to let JJM sit and grow. Let the game slow down and come to him.
My personal opinion, the best thing would be for JJM to not see the field anytime this season unless it was garbage time (either way).
[-] The following 2 users Like Montana Tom's post:

(08-06-2024, 04:46 PM)Montana Tom Wrote: Why can't people just be patient?  Let the JJM process play out like KOC said they were going to do.
This endless speculation is just nonsensical.
This "ifs and butts" discourse is mind numbing.

This is how all media is today, not just sports. 'Patience' is being scrubbed from society en masse: Amazon delivery, all information/ordering/contact being instantaneous with smart phones, entitlement and parents spoiling kids by granting their every demand. 'Paying your dues' is something Gen Z has never had to contend with that concept and refuse to do so. Just move to the next 'toxic' job that doesn't cater to their unrealistic demands.

Rant over. Hyperbole and strong takes rule the sports Twitterverse and sports social media. Nick Wright on FOX said yesterday the Bears were going to be the #1 team in the NFC.....this year. He doesn't believe that, but it gets the Gen Z Nation barking. That's all that matters. I think Viking Nation is going to put way too much emphasis on Saturday's preseason game and how JJM looks. It might be better for his long term benefit to look average to keep the wolves at bay. If McCarthy comes out ballin', there's going to be a roar coming from the state of Minnesota. And we all know this is just a preseason game.....we've seen preseason legends not even make the final cut. Major grain of salt needed no matter how he looks.