Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mmmmmm....highly doubtful
The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol
·
2m
#Vikings rookie QB J.J. McCarthy has had a “strong” training camp thus far and if he continues to stack days like he’s had and proves he can play at a high level in preseason games the momentum could build toward him starting week 1, per
@DaneMizutani from the Pioneer Press via @KFAN1003

https://twitter.com/TPPSkol/status/1820519538519355504

Lol..

Dumb asz Mizutani...He conveniently forgot Darnold is having a good start to TC while he and JJ have made some great plays together/building chemistry too.

Yeah, this has been about as good a start to training camp as we could have expected at the QB position.

Darnold showing the talent that got him drafted #3 overall and having more good days than bad.

JJ McCarthy validating all the physical traits and leadership qualities we saw in college and showing some NFL level accuracy to go with his strong arm.

Sticky said this the other day, but the way JJ is having wow throws every day at camp... I think that just solidifies they'll continue to take their time with him. It hasn't been consistent yet and he's still adjusting to the speed of the NFL, but the arm, the accuracy, the ability to extend plays and the leadership qualities are all there.

Hopefully Darnold keeps it up so JJ can learn the whole play book, continue to build confidence and comfort and be ready to take over the team with no restrictions next year.
[-] The following 2 users Like MAD GAINZ's post:

There is a long way to go until week one, while it may be unlikely, this kid is a winner who has consistently achieved at the highest level so I do think it is possible he is the starter week 1. Either way it makes the preseason games this year more exciting. Remember how much fun it was to watch Teddy in his first preseason games.

(08-05-2024, 02:02 PM)JR44 Wrote: There is a long way to go until week one, while it may be unlikely, this kid is a winner who has consistently achieved at the highest level so I do think it is possible he is the starter week 1.  Either way it makes the preseason games this year more exciting.  Remember how much fun it was to watch Teddy in his first preseason games.

Yah, there is a lot of football b4 wk1 for sure...

I'm super interested to see how he looks in the pre-season and what we hear about how he performs vs Brownies in those scrimmages coming-up. Thats a stout D and it will be a good test. For Darnold too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

lol, you won't want to hear what Paul Allen just said about JJM. He's fan boying all over him. Says he's getting better 'second by second' not day by day. "I'm all about JJ McCarthy".
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(08-05-2024, 03:40 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: lol, you won't want to hear what Paul Allen just said about JJM. He's fan boying all over him. Says he's getting better 'second by second' not day by day. "I'm all about JJ McCarthy".

well yeah but .... Paul Allen, I am not sure what he does is in the "fan boy" department, he might be at a whole new level of homerism. ( not to mention the whole gets paid to hype the purple) not very often he says anything unflattering to the team or its coaches and players.

lol, you won't want to hear what Paul Allen just said about JJM. He's fan boying all over him. Says he's getting better 'second by second' not day by day. "I'm all about JJ McCarthy".

The hype train is loading at the station. It might look like this come early September:

[Image: Indian-trains-1.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

[-] The following 2 users Like purplefaithful's post:

I think the best-case scenario for the start-McCarthy crowd is that he comes in after the bye. I could be wrong, I'm not at camp and I can't read KOC's mind, but based on everything he's said, JJM's development will be slow and intentional. I also think that unless McCarthy is some kind of rocket scientist, he's not going to fully grasp the offense by week one. Neither will Darnold, but there are no long-term consequences to that. 

I also believe KOC wants to give Darnold his legit shot.
[-] The following 3 users Like MaroonBells's post: